Smoked Tail Light Covers

Somebody on here used to sell painted smoked taillights. I've got a set on my car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If u have good lights its easy to do or any half way paint guy. Take ur lights bezels off sand over them with 800 to 1000 grit clean then git adhesion promoter for plastic. Spray it first then mix black into ur clear to desired darkness. It takes more black than u think just don't go too dark on the first coat then if u want darker add more black or more clear to lighten up. Also u can get something clear to test with first. To get ur desired darkness. Every coat will darken more just don't put to much on. O ya take ur lights out!!! :cool:

I'm really looking for the old school covers like the ones Lund used to make. I really dont want to spray mine.

I'm really looking for the old school covers like the ones Lund used to make. I really dont want to spray mine.

So save your originals and go buy some used ones. Try spraying them and if you don't like the result sand them down and try, try again. as of 2011, Space Age Paints sold a pretty simple tail lamp tinting kit with all the instructions.

Or you could just ask someone who does it all the time to give it a whirl. No offence intended, but ricer guys do it all the time. I'm sure you could ask a few of them for a reputable shop in your area and get good results.........and maybe line up a few races......... ;)

The "old school" ones you speak of are exactly that.... Cool today, not so much.....

Sean post a pic of your tinted tail lights I was thinking about going dark on my car

Idk how cops in your area are, but I would think you would be more prone to be harassed about the covers over tinting the lenses. I could be wrong though. Lol. I like the tinted lense with the LEDs behind them. Still plenty bright too!