Smith+Wesson 9VE owners?

jdpolzin

Just checking to see if any of you have used this gun? I hear they tend to have a stiff trigger. Have any of you done the trigger mods for this gun? My wife just bought me one for Christmas and I'm looking to do some simple mods (just like everything else!). These guns are a lot like the Glocks from what I can tell, almost identical. But the nice thing about these S+W's is that they are $200 less than the Glock version. I'll be breaking this lovely lady in this week. ------Jeremy

I like the guns... Glock actually sued S&W over that gun and has to pay royalties on each one sold, I read somewhere....

The word is the triggers, well I have felt the same feeling in guns that cost twice as much... I would carry it to a gunsmith and let them do a proper trigger job on it and you should be good... If you replace the trigger and do the rest of the system you will have as much as you would in a glock... I say buy some snap caps and burn some ammo and it will break in pretty nicely...

It isn't a glock but a nice gun none the less... If you decide to upgrade check out the Smith M&P series, I LOVE THEM!

JD Ive had a second gen Sigma SVE for a loooooong time like over 13-14 years..... always shot great.... wife shoots accurate with it too. Never any issues.. When i originally bought it the shop told me they were so cheap [in price] because of the lawsuit from Glock.

I also have a SpringField XD and love it.
aaron

Well I figured now that we have a new section to talk about our toys, I'd update my thoughts on this gun. I've shot quite a few rounds out of this gun so far and it is enjoyable to shoot. I can tell it's more of a protection gun than anything. I shot my unlces all steel 9mm (not sure of make/model, old police issue) and the difference between the two is quite significant.

My S+W's trigger is harder to shoot, but with no safety, this is probably a good thing. Problem is, while target shooting, I would tend to raise the gun as I pulled the trigger. I had to rest my eblow and the gun on an armrest to get an accurate shot. My uncles gun was a lot easier to keep an accurate shot, but I didnt like how heavy it was.

I think my gun is a nice piece for all around fun and protection. I'm happy with our purchase.

I did however run some rounds through my .22 rifle, and had a blast! With the scope, I literally never missed. Has been a fun year for guns so far!

I had the 40VE and liked it, but with kids and a nervous wife the lack of safety's was an issue. Plus not what i would want for a carry. So i sold that and picked up a XD40 sub compact and like this gun alot.

Bought my 9 used, when it was having problems with the firing pin during the lawsuit time frame S&W paid for shipping both ways and did all smithing for free. They told me it was because of the lawsuit because normally only the original buyer was covered. It always performs with any type of ammo but not as accurate as others.