SMC kit finally quit

buickrob

Any thoughts on this one? I have the last SMC type kit with the external pump, coolant reservoir alky tank and the progressive controller.

Green power light is on but spray light does not come on when I push the test button. Kit doesn't come on under boost either. I have it set to come on at 5lbs but won't push it much past that right now without the pump working:)

I Emailed Razor about buying his pump but figured I'd throw it out here too. I've had pump issues before but it seemed like it just lost prime then. When I would hit test the orange spay light used to come on but there was no "bog" so the alky was not spraying. That was probably 2 years ago. Then it primed and was fine.

Car has barely been used since then, maybe 500 miles in two years. My concern is the test light. Does that get signal from the pump and with a dead pump not light? Hoping it's just the pump. I really don't want to remove everything for an entirely new kit.

Thanks all!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ok, it's the pump. This morning I got the pump to try.....at least make some noise. No spray light so it seems that light is triggered by actual pressure.

Makes me feel a bit better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk