smc - how fast to install and tune?

Warped

No helmet required!
If smc is at the nats I may pick one up. I won't want to wait till I get it home. Realistically, how long does it take to install and set up? I'm running the translator and extender chip so I shouldn't have to mess with getting a chip burned.

Alkycontrol is the way to go. Julio will be at the Nats. Call him, you won't be disappointed.

Easy

It's a very easy install. That can be done with hand tools. I can't imagine it would take more that half an hour. I have one of Steve's kits and I love it. Great guy, excellent product.

Evaddave

SMC/Steve......NEVER had a problem/tunning that he didnot fix QUICKLY---customer service is GREAT!!!!

!

I have installed both, just did julio's kit yesterday took me some hours because I'm an IDIOT:tongue: . But having done both I will say that Smc is easier to install but Julio kit is better(in my humble opinion) customer service is great with both. They both work excellent

Alkycontrol is the way to go. Julio will be at the Nats. Call him, you won't be disappointed.

Damon,

My buddy last year (or maybe the year before) was NOT happy with Hulio's service, he called for some help and Hulio said he was busy getting his car and his friends cars ready for the Nats!!! My buddy was NOT impressed to say the least, maybe it was a Canadian thing, but I really like my SMC kit!!!

I have the old non progressive SMC kit that I bought in 2004. I went 12.11 at 23psi no knock at 113mph on a stock motor and some usual bolt ons (TE-44), Steve has always provided great customer service. I've talked to Julio of alkycontrol.com and he is also a reputable vendor that is very knowledgeable about all things alcohol/meth injected. He has always given great advice. I can say only positive things about both.

SOOOOO... From whats been posted will we see some "SMC" cars there in BG to kick some ass to the Buicks RACING with "Alkycontrol" kits ?? :p :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replies.

The tax rebate check hit the bank last Friday. I may turn into an alcoholic at the Nats.

I have used SMC since they first came out and I have since upgraded to the progressive. Easy to install/tune and works great with my combo. Steve has always provided excellent assistance.

ive used both and if you tune each one properly[which for me took a lot of testing and tuning] you will be very happy with results[i was able to up the boost to 4lbs] but i will say i do like razors kit better!! just seems like the extra work it took to tune was worth it for me!!hope that helps?

SOOOOO... From whats been posted will we see some "SMC" cars there in BG to kick some ass to the Buicks RACING with "Alkycontrol" kits ?? :p :rolleyes:

I don't think anybody is "bad mouthing" anybody's kit...just telling their personal experience.... at least I was... I got it because it fit my budget and its all I needed for my 12 second Gn....whatever floats your boat I say!....
you could probably just get rid of the alky kit all together and get a mini starter! whatcha think Grumpy?:wink: :wink: