SMC Alcohol Controller hissing sound

1986_GNAT

Hello everyone, I purchased this vehicle a month ago and I noticed that there's a hissing sound coming out of the controller. I have to play with one of the knobs so it quiets down but it doesn't go away completely, can anyone tell me why its doing this? I'm totally new to this.

The earlier controllers worked off a hobbs switch, bet its broken since its hooked up to vacuum.

Simple answer, the system is probably an easy 10+ years old. Should consider retiring it if your planning on running any boost that requires a system to be in place.

Thank you sir. Do i have to remove everything or can i salvage some of what i have installed already? like the tank and pump?and sprayer? and just get the controller? or is it a different system altogether?

The earlier controllers worked off a hobbs switch, bet its broken since its hooked up to vacuum.

Simple answer, the system is probably an easy 10+ years old. Should consider retiring it if your planning on running any boost that requires a system to be in place.[/QUO

The pump is more than likely out after all these years, controller is obviously out.

Just let it go.. pull it all out.. replace.. quit trying to patch up old stuff. Something's you simply move on from.