Slp bringing back the gn and gnx, PLEASE DONT

Onalky87

IS anyone else extremely offended by this? The bar was left so high by the originals. Slp can never compete with asc mclaren. But ya sure, let's make a 4 door,fwd, 4cly, mid 14sec car and call it a grand national or even worse a gnx. This whole thing has me so pissed off. Why can't they just call it a gsx like the older buicks and put a ls4 v8 in it like the impalas and monte Carlos get now

when the GS was 25 years old, Buick was putting GS badges on fwd 4 doors.. now that the GN is 25 years old, they can put GN badges on fwd 4 doors..

I think it tarnishes the name. Grand National is mythic,mystified,a niche car -a cult car. The first time I saw one in person was at night in a parking lot with neon lights from the store illuminating it...I was walking by the car looking down and the first thing I saw peripheraly was the shiny black paint and the Grand National badge with the checker board...I was like "huh,what? WOW! that is the baddest Mofo car I've ever seen",This thing was made for me.

F**k them and their 4 door crap.

Saw that article the other day, I was thinking the same thing. Really hope they dont go through with it, especially SLP, theyre awful. I daily drive a 99 Regal GS and let me tell you, there is not one thing sporty about that car. Doesnt even come close to deserving that little GS badge on the rear tail light. Between all of the current retro-styled "muscle cars" out there only Ford has really nailed it, the Camaro & Challenger are hideous creatures. I actually like the new Regal for what it is, but would quickly grow to hate it if it had a GN, or even worse, GNX badge. Especially since it would get walked all over by the previously mentioned big three cars.

wow.. you guys are a touchy bunch.. to 99% of the people out there, you are just driving an old car.. to 90% of the "car guys" out there, you are driving a nice black Monte Carlo..

Wow a 300hp Buick GNX! Who is going to buy this? In 1987 the baddest corvette had 5 more horsepower than a GN.
They better start at 633hp before they call it a GNX. That is something I would want to buy.