Slipping Trans at the top of 1st.

groumoutis

I am not very well versed in transmission to say the least. I have a stock transmission from what I was told when I bought the car. At WOT at the top of 1st right before it hits second it appears to slip and the. Hits second and goes like normal. The odd thing is it doesn't seem to do it every time. The first time it did it I thought I just broke the tires loose and then it did it again the other day and I looked at the speedometer and it didn't raise. While cruising it is fine but doesn't hit second as solid as it always has before.

I am guessing I am going to need to pull the Trans and rebuild it but I am unsure of what all needs to be replaced and beefed up to make the Trans a little stronger. Which rebuild kit to buy or what should I check first. I just built a new garage and I am a little short in my savings account so I'm not looking to send it off or buy the best parts known to man. I don't take the car to the track but I do smash on the throttle occasionally.

I am not very well versed in transmission to say the least. I have a stock transmission from what I was told when I bought the car. At WOT at the top of 1st right before it hits second it appears to slip and the. Hits second and goes like normal. The odd thing is it doesn't seem to do it every time. The first time it did it I thought I just broke the tires loose and then it did it again the other day and I looked at the speedometer and it didn't raise. While cruising it is fine but doesn't hit second as solid as it always has before.

I am guessing I am going to need to pull the Trans and rebuild it but I am unsure of what all needs to be replaced and beefed up to make the Trans a little stronger. Which rebuild kit to buy or what should I check first. I just built a new garage and I am a little short in my savings account so I'm not looking to send it off or buy the best parts known to man. I don't take the car to the track but I do smash on the throttle occasionally.
How is the fluid level? Try running about 1/2 quart over the full line.

Depending on how hard your car launches and if using the stock pan/filter it may be starving for fluid. If over filling it a little works or makes it better you might want to look into a deep pan/bottom feeder filter setup from one of the vendors on here. The stock filter draws from the top and wasn't designed for hard launches- fluid sloshes to the rear, uncovers the pickup and you suck air and the pressure drops (bad news!).

I have the fluid level about 3/8" above the full mark. The car has always shifted fine until now.

I just reset the tv cable gonna see if that helps since the normal 1st to 2nd is softer than normal.

2nd gear band is going, going, & gonna be gone soon.

Mine was doing the same thing, & it got progessively worse to now point of the car is in the shop now getting a new EA stage 2.

Do yourself a favor & stop beating on it now. Not only are you cooking the trans worse, you are way over-revving the engine too. I checked my SM & on the 1-2 shift it was revving to 56-5700. I immediately de-tuned my car & ordered a new trans.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have already backed off on the boost. Who sells a good rebuild kit? I'm not afraid of rebuilding it myself. I rebuild hydraulic pumps and valves all the time at work.

you need a rebuild ! I had many 1.55 60fts by a back yard builder .. regular degular setup no overfill

Doing it yourself, I'd source the parts from CK Performance.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

same symptoms here. 1-2 shifts ok but 2-3 the engine stops around redline and have to pedal it to get a shift. I was hoping it was some mysterious thing like "shift kit" or "solenoid" or some other trans anomoly lol guess its time to head over to janis-town.