SLIC's

bob brady

3 black cars
precision makes a slic with 3" inlet and outlet that they sell for $999, and TR parts has the same slic with 2 1/2 inlet and outlet that they sell for $599! that's a big difference in price! i am tempted to buy TR's unit, but thinking maybe it's inferior? any comments?

It is NOT the same intercooler! And the one we sell works great. I ran one for years before I went to a front mount.

precision makes a slic with 3" inlet and outlet that they sell for $999, and TR parts has the same slic with 2 1/2 inlet and outlet that they sell for $599! that's a big difference in price! i am tempted to buy TR's unit, but thinking maybe it's inferior? any comments?
You are making statements that are not true.the pte is a different unit and price reflects that.

If your still in the 12's theirs no need to swap out the stock one, spend the money on a converter

Country of manufacture?

Core size, neck size/design, and superior core design for the pte but that reflects in the price, but the tr customs unit works great also, i ran one for about a year a while back.
what's different about it?

Had I not gotten my PTE for such a good price, I would've went with TR Parts SLIC. However, I couldn't beat the price and it was in very good shape, only about 1000 miles on it.

how much was that very good price?
It was $400. Part of the reason I got such a good deal I went ahead and paid for an IC and half. Basically guy takes two stock ICs cuts them to make the stock IC 50% bigger. Well after a year of waiting he didn't deliver, so the guy who owned the shop asked me if I would take a basically new PTE SLIC. The only thing about it was the orientation of shroud once I put it on, so I had my engine builder fabricate a set of brackets that allowed to adjust the shroud so it is facing head on.