Slic

The stock cores were horrible as far as inlet temps and pressure drop. The latest version of the PTE is leaps and bounds above any intercooler using stock cores.

There used to be an Intercooler test results chart of....
Intercooler Brand
Measurements
Inlet temp
Pressure drop

It was long ago, maybe 2005 era, so any new intercooler won't be on it but that was good info. Maybe someone will do an updated version.

For street bruisers I'd do SLIC, best pressure drop available and use alky for additional cooling. I'm SLLIC, only 1psi total pressure drop and E85, sick spool and keep that turbo in the efficient island on the comp map.

Intercooler Brand
Measurements
Inlet temp
Pressure drop

It was long ago, maybe 2005 era, so any new intercooler won't be on it but that was good info. Maybe someone will do an updated version.

For street bruisers I'd do SLIC, best pressure drop available and use alky for additional cooling. I'm SLLIC, only 1psi total pressure drop and E85, sick spool and keep that turbo in the efficient island on the comp map.
Especially on e85, pressure drop is way more important that temps. In testing the intercooler that had 4 psi less pressure drop but 80° higher temps through the 1/8 mile went 3 more mph in the 1/8.

Intercooler Brand
Measurements
Inlet temp
Pressure drop

Here’s a link to that article.

Thanks, that was in 2003 and the Cottons FMIC had the best pressure drop and inlet air temp. CAS V1 wasn't tested but would've gave Cottons a run for the money.

To do that test in 2023 would be a nice 20 years later and if there's any progression in the GN Intercooler offerings.

Thanks, that was in 2003 and the Cottons FMIC had the best pressure drop and inlet air temp. CAS V1 wasn't tested but would've gave Cottons a run for the money.

To do that test in 2023 would be a nice 20 years later and if there's any progression in the GN Intercooler offerings.

Mike didn't you try running without an intercooler years ago ?

Ya, it was a blast for a street car, I think I posted back in like 08 how I had to turn OUT the adjustable wastegate rod 12 turns to get the boost back down to the same level. This was coming from a CAS V2 FMIC, which looks to have some 3.5psi of backpressure and the tubzookas (pipes) at 3" take up more volume to fill.

No IC was the most noticeable mod I have ever done to the car, it's why I went liquid IC on this combo and try for as little backpressure in any system on the car. But twin nozzle alky caught up to me, I forgot to replace the pump after 2 years to be safe, my badd.