SLIC or stock with Duttneck

Boostian

Hi, mainly looking for a stock IC with a dutt neck if anyone has one laying around. Still tinkering around with tuning and don’t want to fully pull the trigger on an RJC 315. If you have one let me know please. Either shipped or Philly area.

Didn’t know they did that. I’ll look into that route and dig up a core if I get no responses on here. Appreciate the info.

Hi, mainly looking for a stock IC with a dutt neck if anyone has one laying around. Still tinkering around with tuning and don’t want to fully pull the trigger on an RJC 315. If you have one let me know please. Either shipped or Philly area.
It's highly likely your combo wont need this.
There are ways to tell if your out of intercooler.
Do you want to list your combo or pm?

It's highly likely your combo wont need this.
There are ways to tell if your out of intercooler.
Do you want to list your combo or pm?
I was nosing around on Bisons FB page and saw decent dyno results on a lightly modified car similar to mine, this is what brought me down this road. Everything in my motor is stock, including valve springs. I have alky, a new TA60, TA performance headers, downpipe, and pypes exhaust. Mild trans work. Radiator and fans. Running 25psi now and trapping 110-111. Was tinkering around with tuning the TT chip end of last year and learning my wideband. Figured a less restrictive neck wouldn’t hurt at all.

I was nosing around on Bisons FB page and saw decent dyno results on a lightly modified car similar to mine, this is what brought me down this road. Everything in my motor is stock, including valve springs. I have alky, a new TA60, TA performance headers, downpipe, and pypes exhaust. Mild trans work. Radiator and fans. Running 25psi now and trapping 110-111. Was tinkering around with tuning the TT chip end of last year and learning my wideband. Figured a less restrictive neck wouldn’t hurt at all.
At 111mph
The neck mod will not benefit you Your no where near maxing out the stock intercooler and the alky is cooling the intake charge.
25psi and 111mph is very low
Think scooby said it best
Time for valve springs.
I would leak it down and do a compression test as well.
The neck is not a restriction at your power level.
I had a car I tuned on that went 123mph on a combo like yours on a stock intercooler stock motor.

Another idea is to get some denatured alcohol and clean out your intercooler it might not really boost ur performance too much but it will help things run a bit cleaner, also if your not running a RJC boost plate I heard those do wonders. I’ve got one going on my car RN.
Also valve springs are huge on these cars because their like on a 40 ish year old motor and they where on the weaker side. So maybe a set of comp cams 980-12s

At 111mph
The neck mod will not benefit you Your no where near maxing out the stock intercooler and the alky is cooling the intake charge.
25psi and 111mph is very low
Think scooby said it best
Time for valve springs.
I would leak it down and do a compression test as well.
The neck is not a restriction at your power level.
I had a car I tuned on that went 123mph on a combo like yours on a stock intercooler stock motor.
You think that’s the reason for my low trap speed? Valve spring fatigue? I’ve never changed springs before but very willing to try!

You think that’s the reason for my low trap speed? Valve spring fatigue? I’ve never changed springs before but very willing to try!
That's going to really hurt you if they are weak.
Pull the springs off and test them
Put the new ones on.
I have run 100lb springs on the stock cam
Into the 10s.
There can be other things but that's a big one
You could also have a wiped lobe too.
Check that too.

Contact Bison for a set of springs & timing chain set.

Make sure you bring the piston up to TDC before you remove the springs on that cylinder in case you drop one of the valves.

I'm close to you in Media and I have both. You would need to cut and weld. LMK.
Also have the springs and tool.