Simple Stall question, hopefully simple answer.

Clark6

Ok here's the ingredients.
62/65 turbo
212-212 cam, (.504 valve lift, 264 duration, 110*,.325 lobe lift, power from 1200-5800, shift around 5200-5500)
249 ci"
3650 lb car
28" tire
3.42 gears

Getting the converter restalled. (9/11) 3000 pulls fine but at take off @ 19psi of boost or less sorta slightly sluggish.
Turbo was a 6776bb ran 10s with it, seal went out so I Up/Down graded????:confused: to the 62/65. anywho

It is a Lock up.

should I go 32k or 34K? answer please?__________:smile:

Also will it take much more rpms at a red light to get the car moving? Just wanting to clear up some misconceptions I may have, thanks in advance to all.

There is only one stall you should need to be concerned with and thats the stall at full boost. If youre worried about down low the converter isnt working. If you have a 212/212 cam and decent heads your peak power will be around 5100-5200. Thats where you want the engine to spend most of its time. Most of the 9x11's ive seen did a crappy job of coupling the power over 550whp and needed to be locked to get them to be efficient. Typically the ones tha tstalled lower down low worked much better up top when behind anything with any power. If you increase the stall speed down low it will slip more down low. Fwiw i wouldnt expect much more than 520whp at 19psi. The turbo will support over 600whp so your not really into the area where it really starts to crank. A proper non lock would do wonders here and eliminate a lot of guessing and aggravation. All the converters i use behind these engines that have heads and cam are all within about 400rpm stall speed at zero boost/vacuum yet under full power they vary from 4600-5600 typically and all couple to within 6% by the time the car is crossing the line. Im referring to hyd cammed stock blocks here not anything that is race only. Typical cruising rpm is within 5% of driveshaft speed also on light highway cruises. Can you get the 9x11 to work. Absolutley. Will it work better than a proper non lock? No it wont.

I agree.... non lock is my next step but being that I already have this I'm wanting to ring the guts out of what I have before spending another $800+ on a converter I just got
this one haven't been to the track with it yet. Thanks Bison

heads are unported champion aluminum. Boost will eventually tune up to 24/25 psi.