Silva vs Weidman

LSTTYPE

Well what did you guys think of last nights fight? I think he got what he deserved for taunting and showboating like that. I think a focused Silva would probably beat Weidman in a rematch.

He through the fight . !!! Hands down
When asked he said no rematch
I'm done chris is the champ.
I don't want the belt anymore

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Gotta admit it was nice seeing him get put to sleep. Now if only Canelo can do the same to mayweather...

He through the fight . !!! Hands down
When asked he said no rematch
I'm done chris is the champ.
I don't want the belt anymore

He didnt throw anything.. he was frustrated because he was getting owned. Weidman controlled the fight, took him down in the first and went for subs and slipped most of his punches in the second. Matt Hughes gave pretty much the same speech when he got choked out by BJ Penn and it didnt take him long to get back into the title shot picture.

I said for months Weidman was his kryptonite.. I think next time will go the same way, maybe worse for Anderson because Weidman wont be coming back from a year long shoulder surgery recovery.

Lmao. Ok did u see Chris's face when he left the octagon. He looked just so happy.
For a guy that just beat the best in the world . He knew it . but I guess most can believe what they want
Don't get me worng I'm from the same home town as him.
And would love to see a real fight .a rematch but it won't happen

If you think there wont be a rematch, you are sadly mistaken.

If you're that delusional about Anderson, maybe you should head back over to Sherdog with all the other Anderson fanboys who are in denial.

Guy just signed a 10 fight contract for millions of dollars. Im sure a loss puts a big chink in those plans.

If Anderson wanted out, he could have tapped to that heel hook.. it was deep enough that if he hadnt tried to roll out of it, it would have been a perfectly acceptable moment to tap.. he didnt need to get put to sleep to drop the belt.

Ok jonny. Sweep the leg. Lol
Will have to wait and see. !

I was glad to see him get KO'd. His lack of respect for other fighters was getting old. That being said, I think he could win a rematch. He made Weidman look slow.

looked like the right-right-left combo messed his rhythm up. I doubt he threw the fight.

You hit the nail on the head. At 38 years old, he would have been better off to be taken down and submitted than get KO'd and his head dribbled off the mat like a basketball. MMA strikers follow a LRLR pattern, that lazy backfist he threw caused Silva's rhythm to get thrown off, put him off balance and he was in the perfect position for that left.

What I really wonder is how much this KO took out of his chin. Chuck was indestructible until Rampage tapped that chin and then it turned to glass and everyone KO'd him afterwards.

Anderson was getting controlled then took the bitch way out. Weidman is the real deal though. I remember when St. Pierre claimed he could beat Anderson a few years back.. He was a well know sub grappler though. He won the absolute class submission tournment in 2007 or 2008. Can't remember... Tough kid for sure.

Joe

You play with the bull, you might just get the horns. The taunting is part of his game, it sets up his strikes that people don't see coming. He got clipped fooling around, plain and simple, but don't think Weidman is going to hold that belt for any given length of time. The re match will happen, Dana assured us of that afterwards. I will guarantee that crap won't happen again . If Silva fights his fight Weidman is not in his league. That strap will change hands very shortly, and it doesn't have to be Silva that can do it. The only formidable opponent he fought was a injured Munoz coming off a 14 month injury. If he'd fight the Munoz that showed up to fight Boestch.......... that Munoz was on fire. I wouldn't include Mia in it because he lost damn near every fight at 185. All credit and respect to Weidman for winning, he is the Champ and a nice guy to boot. I'm happy for him. But don't think he is the next best thing, far from that. Everyone has got a punchers chance of winning, and he made good with his opportunity while Silva was playing the Matrix BS with him.

I thought Weidman had no chance but he won. That's all that matters for now. I'm sure it was a nice payday for the kid. In a re-match I don't think the result will be the same...but I've been wrong before.

Now the edger fight was awesome
And cubb is the man
Can't wait wait for
Edger - aldo 2.
Edger beat him last time.