Sick of dishonest people!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel Ya buddy I got sold a Turbo Regal thought I was buying a GN. Paid the GN price too. Ive wanted to hire a private investigator to find a Mr storm cintron. But what would I do if I found him. Go to jail that's what.

Seems more and more of this everywhere.:( People today just piss ya off:mad:Good luck Mark

Kevin

I feel for you...hopefully something works out for you. Good luck

Bryan

Paypal says I am only partially covered since I did not ship to a verified address.

Not to be mean but you should know better by now. I don't do a tenth of the shipping of items you do and I have a rule. Anything over $25 on paypal doesn't get shipped unless it's a paypal verified address. If they can't provide one I send the money back.

Anything over $100 i tend to ship signature confirmation as well.

I sent back $2900 once because the address wasn't verified. They stopped responding to emails. Imagine that!

You can't let the dollar signs warp the brain.

Good luck.

D

That really sucks, Mark.....as good and honest man you've been......but don't give up! THEY win, if you do.....change that policy again to verified PayPal address, and do it right away.....but, damn it, don't give up.....I know the feeling, but a winner like you never gives up.....there's got to be something you can do to recover your loss.......you're too good a man to quit......again, that sure is a shitty thing they pulled on you....but, Karma can be a bitch.......

Sit down, have a beer, relax and gather your thoughts, think out a game plan for this, then proceed with success......we're all in your corner, my good friend.....

Bruce '87 Grand National

Last time this happened I did catch the guy, well documented here on the board. Good ol Trae Liberty of CA. All he got was 30 days of community service. Until they ever come out with a decent punishment it will continue. Thanks to some great board members and detective work by me we got that guy at least and received most of my products back intact. Looks like I might have some help on this one too.

Yeah, verified address might be the way to go from now on.

Gerry with a G did you guys at Cottons ever go after the before mentioned individual for when he ripped you guys off?

My father always told me the 2 worst kind of people in the world, a thief and a liar.

Hope you get this guy.

That's how the paypal scam works.

They tell you they will send the payment via paypall and you can put the money in your bank account before you release parts or vehicle. They send a third party to pick up the vehicle or parts and you release said vehicle or parts and then get charged back by paypal when the purchasing party says they never received them. Because Paypal does everythng electronically it has the authority to go into your checking account and withdraw the money.

I will not do big sales via paypal.

Mikey

I never ship to unverified addresses. Ive turned down sales in the past because there was a high probability of charge back. The pieces of shit that do this do nothing but this. They are professional thieves. Everytime they do this and it's $1000 or more they are committing a felony. Unfortunately law enforcement doesn't catch them and when they do it's a joke. Just like the example with that little ass trae liberty. He will just go back to scamming. The benefits of stealing outweigh the risks. It's too easy to nit get caught.

The problem too besides the crooks, is that the laws in the good 'ole U.S. of A better protect the thief/law breaker than the victim. Sad sad truth.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Gerry with a G did you guys at Cottons ever go after the before mentioned individual for when he ripped you guys off?

None of the contacts you gave us (which was appreciated) would return emails/phone calls. At that point, we had to call it a loss and spend the time in the shop to play a little bit of catch-up.

Charge backs are normal it seems. Plan on 4-5% of gross revenue being charged back instead of going through a proper refund process.

Sorry Mark..Hardcore Pawn shouldve gave you a clue about who your dealing with in the armpit of america...

Could be a stolen card....I get people all the time disputing charges. I'm a automotive retailer and have cameras. So when I have significant disputes I will pull footage and email the freeze frames. Funny how stories change...

Please record them once. I want to hear someone trying to back peddle.

I have worked in local Law Enforcement for over 15yrs last five as a Detective... Most times the cops take the hit, "Oh they can't help me or Its a waste of time" The real problem is over crowed jails, and your local government official, and plenty more people/bullshit sentencing.. Don't know the whole story, but might not be a bad idea to contact a local official in your town. If you want some ideas pm me..

Mark and Cottons,are these board members??:rolleyes: I have always found the guys on here real good to deal with and better than other boards I surf.

Not sure. But Trae Liberty did purchase from us in the past (with paypal, not CC).

but yeah, this board seems to be pretty legit for the most part... maybe it's the age difference:D between this board and the import boards where someone is getting ripped off every other day.