Shurflow pump rebuild 8000-543-236

PaulRV6

I have a shurflow pump on my DYI alcohol system and just realized it was not pumping. Does anyone know where the best place to get rebuild parts and if they can be upgraded to more resistant materials for alcohol? This has lasted about 8 years so this is pretty good. What are the parts I may need and where should I get them. Thanks

paul

LANDAU LIMITED

I have a shurflow pump on my DYI alcohol system and just realized it was not pumping. Does anyone know where the best place to get rebuild parts and if they can be upgraded to more resistant materials for alcohol? This has lasted about 8 years so this is pretty good. What are the parts I may need and where should I get them. Thanks

paul

Just curious, 8 years? What do you run, a mix, straight alky and what kind of alky?

PaulRV6

I run denatured alcohol but not many miles on the car each year. I also have to check the M15 N

PaulRV6

SORRY...................cont.
nozzle to see how corroded that is. May need a new one of those. I drain it out before winter and fill the reservoir back up in the spring.

PaulRV6

Its pretty basic, the shurflo 8000 pump with the inlet from my modified windshield reservoir (I added the reservoir level switch), the outlet is SS braided hose to the M15 nozzle mounted in the inlet pipe to the TB. I have an adjustable pressure switch set to I think 8-9 psi to turn the pump on and away I go. Nothing fancy just my DYI kit and seems to work good except for having the pump fail once.

paul

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Way late to this thread, but I did do a rebuild on my shurflo 8000-543-236 a bunch of years ago. I had reached out to the company at the time and they sent me this:
epdm/poly 94-390-08,
Epdm/nylon 94-390-06,
buna/nylon 94-390-10,
or viton/poly 94-390-05

The attached chart will show which replacement part works for which type of alcohol you're using. I think I rebuilt my pump in 2010 and just pulled it out again and it has survived much better than previously. I have used a mix of different alcohols, denatured, isopropyl, whatever - with a 50/50 mix of water and a dash of marvel mystery oil. I can't remember which part I put in when I rebuilt it, but it's holding up ok. I think epdm/poly looks like the best option?

Attachments

• Shurflo8000ChemicalChart.pdf
    519.2 KB · Views: 14

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Found it! Here's what I used, and it has held up really well

Name Code Qty Each Options
--------------------------------------------------------------
Shurflo 8000 Pump Check 94-374-16 1 9.00
Valve Repair Kit
(Shipped)

Shurflo 8000 Pump Valve 94-390-08 1 18.57
Assembly Kit
(Shipped)

Subtotal 27.57
Shipping 8.41
Tax 0.00
Total 35.98

This completes your order. Thank you for shopping with us.

GeneralB44

www.pinkhumpy.com
Before I rebuilt the pump, here's how bad it was inside. See picture attached, the valve was all shriveled up

Attachments

• shurflo8000_BadValve.jpg
    shurflo8000_BadValve.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 28

Darkstar72

Thanks General!! this is great. I had a leaking one I pulled off a few months ago just sitting on my shelf. I'm gonna order up those parts you had listed and mess around with it. I already got a new pump from Julio back on the car so I got plenty of time to dissect that old one.