Shop Recommendations

NoVA_87_GN

Looking for shop recommendations in the Northern Virginia area. I know of Bill Anderson's shop over on the eastern shore Maryland, but that's a bit of hike for me. Just wanted to see if anyone has taken their GNs/Turbo-Ts to a shop a little closer and if they have done some good work in the past and they could recommend them.

Thanks

@Chuck Leeper that's about a 4 hour drive (one way) for me. Bill's shop is about 78 miles away, was looking for something closer than his shop. Thanks for the reply though.

If you find somewhere nearby, let me know!

I always go to Billy, and he's top notch every time, but it'd be nice to find a shop closer to the metro area for small jobs. In the meantime, Anderson is definitely the best choice in the area.

RRT Racing, Sterling/Dulles (Specialize in BMW but they can fix anything)
Automotive Machine and Repair, Sterling
Both are honest shops, a rarity today.

Mike

I'm in NoVA. I plan to take mine to SteveV at some point. Bro in law will tow it for me with his F-150 Lightning. I'm interested to see how far the truck will go on a charge while pulling a car.

Oh yeah, good luck with that. It'll take days for you to get there with all the recharging :oops: at least you'll get good gas mileage. That's one heck of a trip

Looking for shop recommendations in the Northern Virginia area. I know of Bill Anderson's shop over on the eastern shore Maryland, but that's a bit of hike for me. Just wanted to see if anyone has taken their GNs/Turbo-Ts to a shop a little closer and if they have done some good work in the past and they could recommend them.

Thanks
What kind of work needs to be done ??

Car wasnt starting, thought it was a fuel pump thing, I had a thread on here about it. Ended up taking it to Billy's, he took care of it, got it running, had to replace cam and crank sensors. Car drove good back across the bridge. I'll be taking my cars back there for work, just a pain that you gotta plan it out so you got a ride back when you drop it off or a ride there when you pick it up.

Side question, any one on here ever go to any of the local cars and coffee meet ups?

I've made that trip a few times. In the future we could coordinate trips and rides, if Sheila line up.

The cars and coffee in Great Falls was always a good one, lots of amazing cars there. There's a small one in Potomac that I go to occasionally because it's near my house.

Looks close to the leesburg cars and coffee, you ever make it out to that one? I usually go that one one and a smaller one near Ft. Belvoir.

Katies is too early for me, heard it was good though, i enjoy sleeping in on the weekends.

Oh yeah, good luck with that. It'll take days for you to get there with all the recharging :oops: at least you'll get good gas mileage. That's one heck of a trip
It's only 150 miles. He's got the extended range Lightning. I will be disappointed if it takes more than 1 recharge stop.

Looks close to the leesburg cars and coffee, you ever make it out to that one? I usually go that one one and a smaller one near Ft. Belvoir.

Katies is too early for me, heard it was good though, i enjoy sleeping in on the weekends.
Where in NoVA are you? I took mine to Dulles Landing Dunkin Donuts cars n coffee before. I went with another GN owner so it was cool. Mostly newer cars but if we could make a Buick presence it would be cool.

@pkschul I'm over near Fairfax. i've been to the Dulles Landing C&C a few times. It's also pretty early, but if we can get a few GN/G-bodies out there I'd wake my @$$ up early and get out there with you guys.

@pkschul I'm over near Fairfax. i've been to the Dulles Landing C&C a few times. It's also pretty early, but if we can get a few GN/G-bodies out there I'd wake my @$$ up early and get out there with you guys.
Oh cool. I'm in Burke Centre right near the pkwy and rt. 123. Car isn't on the road but hopefully by mid Summer...

Ah man, you're right up the street from me. I'm over by Burke Lake. I'm hoping to have mine back on the road by the end of the month. Re-doing the suspension, putting a whole new BMR 2" drop kit.

Ah man, you're right up the street from me. I'm over by Burke Lake. I'm hoping to have mine back on the road by the end of the month. Re-doing the suspension, putting a whole new BMR 2" drop kit.
ffx Station? I'm spitting distance from the Burke library. Ride my bike around BL all the time.