shocks

Have anyone had success with the monroe sen-trac shocks,if so respond to this thread.Or should I just spend the money and get the bilsteins.

Bilsteins are the best bar none. Also are credited with creating the gas shocks in the first place. They are also factory chosen shocks for many high performance vehicles from the factory. If money is not an issue Bilsteins are the prefered one based on what we sell compared to others, and having put them on my cars and trucks etc. Plus they have a lifetime warranty.

I could be wrong, but I believe at one time they were considered for the GNX project.

If the yellow color is not to your liking they can easily be painted.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Have had a few 1986-1987 Turbo Regals

There are many opinions, this one is mine

First thing, have you replaced the rear springs? I chased that for a while, and after some shock changes, I figured that one out. I used the Kirban springs, because the stock replacements from Auto Zone were not stiff enough.
Bilsteins - The best on the highway. Great control and ride. They are too tight for me on the surface streets.
KYB - A bit looser, but still not what I prefer (Bilsteins on a budget)
Edelbrock performer - Very similar to the KYBs.
Stock GM replacement - Can you say Caddie?
Sensatracs - A good compromise.

Now I just have to get the wheels back on...

My .02 Most prefer the Bilsteins. Shop around for the best price.

Concerning question about Bilstein shocks on A body. I suggest you ask someone on one of those forums. My hunch is if they are available, they would be a nice upgrade. Another ice upgrade is if you have power steering drop in a Turbo regal steering box it gives you better road feel and quicker turning radius. This is especially true if you have a 1964-1967 A body Buick. Those years took like 4 1/2 turns lock to lock.

You do have to insert some sort of sleeves in both lines at the box since you are converting to metric. I am sure someone into those cars can tell you where to get them parts. Lee Manufacturing in California if I recall correctly sold them. Not sure if you need the pitman arm as well from the Turbo car.

I have Bilsteins on everything I own if they had a part number available from my 1994 Blazer sport to my 2001 Tahoe. They created gas shocks so they have done their homework.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Owner of many many Turbo Regals over the years

First thing, have you replaced the rear springs? I chased that for a while, and after some shock changes, I figured that one out. I used the Kirban springs, because the stock replacements from Auto Zone were not stiff enough.
Bilsteins - The best on the highway. Great control and ride. They are too tight for me on the surface streets.
KYB - A bit looser, but still not what I prefer (Bilsteins on a budget)
Edelbrock performer - Very similar to the KYBs.
Stock GM replacement - Can you say Caddie?
Sensatracs - A good compromise.

Now I just have to get the wheels back on...

My .02 Most prefer the Bilsteins. Shop around for the best price.

Spend a lot of money on shocks...Pete:eek: ;) :rolleyes: :wink: :tongue:

Bilsteins are stiff,but it's fast like a race car so I needs to handle /drive like one too.

I got edelbrocks all around and car feels great, Much better then my monroe GT(or whatever 90's series) Car was being updated so i had some time, and bought the shocks in pairs.

I've hads the KYB's on my car for awhile now, not the worst shock, but not too bad either if you want to firm up the ride.