Shipping rates WOW!!!

My sentiments exactly, the damn block off plate for the EGR valve weights less than 1 ounce and worth $14 bucks, yet they want to charge $11 dollars to ship it, Fu*& that,, i rather do without it than to pay that much cash for shipping, that part could easily be put in a padded envelope from USPS and be shipped for less than $4 dollars with signature required upon delivery..

I tried to preorder a CD a while back and they wanted 7.95 to ship it. I sent them an email to see if they could ship it cheaper and they said I was SOL. I think you can ship a CD for 1.80 through USPS. I waited until it was released and got it shipped free from the artist and he even signed it for me on top of that.

That's my cool store bros.

Many vendors won't use USPS. It's time intensive, their insurance sucks, and tracking is relatively useless.

Fedex and UPS have MUCH more polished shipping software and logistics.

Many vendors won't use USPS. It's time intensive, their insurance sucks, and tracking is relatively useless.

Fedex and UPS have MUCH more polished shipping software and logistics.

Both Fedex and UPS have partnerships with the USPS, in regards to pick up or delivery.

UPS Innovations comes to mind.

I'm in Canada and have gotten about 9K worth of parts sent up here in the last 2 years. I will only buy from vendors who will ship out usps. I work at a GM dealership and even some of my cost prices are double what places are selling the same thing for down in the states. Like last year I was having a hell of a time with Lt1 MAF sensors. In the end after one place not taking a faulty one back and sticking me with the bill for a paper weight, another not sure if I could even get any money back on another unit what do you do? so do I risk $40 shipping just to loose that too? Blah, it's been quite a pain in the butt. I ended up getting a new GM one for $375 CDN and problem solved. I had actually thought both other MAFS were legit but both turned out to be re-manned ones. Didn't say anywhere on either site that they were re-manned.
90% of the stuff doesn't fit worth a flying crap, I'm always having to take my parts to get them modded (it seems that the more expensive the part, the worse it fits). My dual exhaust cost me another $200 just to get it bent properly, the bends were......... lets just say freaking horrible.
But to top if off, I've had to send back parts a few times to various vendors and 50% of the time, I will get cheaper shipping that what they charged me. How stupid is that, that a guy at a any regular Canada post office can get a 30% better rate that a vendor? Makes you wonder.

I just sent a timing gear set to Ontario last week. A small package that weighed just over 4 lbs and you have to use priority out of the country now.:mad: $36 dollars is way to friggin much to ship a small package out of the country!:mad:

I've been ordering tons of stuff online for yrs,its always been like that. Maybe a couple times I though wow that was a decent shipping price. Gas is expensive and 1st world wages are expensive-is one partial reason-not to mention seller jacking.

UPS and Fedex are not out of country options either. Added b.s duty paper work fees. Back when the dollar was low it was not uncommon to just double the price in your mind when window shopping.

90% of the stuff doesn't fit worth a flying crap, I'm always having to take my parts to get them modded (it seems that the more expensive the part, the worse it fits). My dual exhaust cost me another $200 just to get it bent properly, the bends were......... lets just say freaking horrible.

The R&D for these cars must be terrible. I'm also wondering what the hell I got myself into,I was always told these engines were finicky and expensive but that was 20yrs ago things like "you don't wanna replace a turbo on one of those" oh noes...now everything is high tech and a turbo ain't really expensive so I'm like whatever.

Kinda OT. I'm wondering if its not like other cars where you get guys diggin into their engines and causing problems-just like on the mustang forums I avoid the help section-its all doom and gloom ha ha. I have 3 Mustangs all over 150k kilometers and they run great!. When I read things like "you should replace the valve springs just based on age" I'm like what? this cars gonna kill me before I get it out of the garage.

Quick rant about fedex I shipped 2 things last week and used my debit card to pay for it when I got home later and checked my bank account they charged me twice for each transaction,had to call the 800# get a form faxed to me fill it out and send it back and it takes 7 days to get a refund what bullshit is that

I have noticed it too, places adding even more into shipping costs to help make up for their loss of revenue. Even eBay started taking a chunk out of the shipping.

The R&D for these cars must be terrible. I'm also wondering what the hell I got myself into,I was always told these engines were finicky and expensive but that was 20yrs ago things like "you don't wanna replace a turbo on one of those" oh noes...now everything is high tech and a turbo ain't really expensive so I'm like whatever.

Kinda OT. I'm wondering if its not like other cars where you get guys diggin into their engines and causing problems-just like on the mustang forums I avoid the help section-its all doom and gloom ha ha. I have 3 Mustangs all over 150k kilometers and they run great!. When I read things like "you should replace the valve springs just based on age" I'm like what? this cars gonna kill me before I get it out of the garage.

I had a 2 other G-bodys a 87 cutlass with a 383 stroker and a 85 grand prix with a 350 big block. I got the engines put in, tuned it and never touch them again for 6 years. Just routine service and never once had any sort of engine problems. My Regal has been one thing after another from the start. One good thing about that is now, I don't have much left to change LOL