Shifting from 1st almost straight to third, then fourth and bog

Who Needs 8

So today, I was driving the 89 TTA. Drove to one destination, then half way home, the transmission was shifting from first to second for one second then straight to third, then when let off of the gas, fourth would hit at very low RPM and VERY hard. Almost sounded like my drive shaft was going to break.

I was going to check the fluid level when I got home, but was distracted and forgot all about it. Took her to a car show this afternoon, all was well to the show. Drove her home, halfway home . . . started doing the same thing. When I got home, I tried tried to check the fluid level, but it was took dark and I couldn't get an acurate reading.

So I'll check the fluid again tomorrow after warming up the engine . . . but does anyone know what might be going on?

SPECS: '89 TTA, 55,000 miles, tranny rebuilt 2-3 years ago, Vigilante Converter, 3,200 stall.

I had the shifting from 1st to 2nd then straight to 3rd in under a second after my tranny was rebuilt. The guy who rebuilt it said it was something in the valve body. He cleaned out the valve and it cleared alot of it up but it would still do this every now and then. He called it a "stacked-shift". I had to end up putting a non-performance valve body in it and the shifts were normal but lost alot of shift firmness. I will put a performance valve body back in when it gets a better rebuild. They said they put in a new TCC solenoid yet I have lost all torque convertor lock-up capabilities after the rebuild. Once again I stress....NEVER TAKE YOUR TURBO BUICK TO ANY AAMCO!

Third the TCC solenoid problem, my Dad's Riviera does the same thing. What you're probably feeling is 1st, 2nd, lock, 3rd, 4th.

On my Toronado, the 3->4 **** is incredibly harsh if it happens with the converter locked. Shakes the whole car.

Yeah, I talked to a good transmission guy over the phone. He say's because it doesn't do it all the time, it's most likely some "debris" that is clogging the TCC valve (or something along those lines). I'm going to pull the pan this weekend to see what the fluid looks like, then look at the solenoid. But as he said, if there's debris then the transmission needs to be rebuilt to find out where the debris came from.