Shifters...Pics of installs please???

your welcome, and as long as the clip for the handle is in the front it should work fine

Here is the one that I did in my old 86 T-Type.
Have to modify the plastic inside the console to clear the linkages as well as mount the shifter base in a very specific spot to work with the factory shifter overlay.

Quicksilvershifter.jpg

B&M Quick Silver shifter.

Patrick

Same exact setup I have, but I'm going to swap it to a Hammer handle. That shifter should have never been made with a ball handle due to having to pull up on it. They do fit the console great with minimal cutting.

Thanks to all who posted. I got it narrowed down to the Pistol grip and the Mega shifter. You guys are great.

Thanks
Coach

One more pic. :cool: Hurst Quarter Stick

Attachments

• DSC01260.JPG
    DSC01260.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 1,508
Finally done.

Well Guys, I finally got my shifter installed. Thanks to all who posted in this thread. It took some doing, but it turned out OK.

Thanks
Coach

Attachments

• DSC00441.jpg
    DSC00441.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,267
  • DSC00442.jpg
    DSC00442.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,277
excuse my lack of knowledge but what are the perks of these ratchet shifters?(if that's what there called)

"coach", you installation is one of the cleanest I've seen!...:wink:
I'd like to know where did you get the console plate...Aftermarket or made yourself?...also, what model and part# is your B&M shifter?

Thanks,

Claude. :)

excuse my lack of knowledge but what are the perks of these ratchet shifters?(if that's what there called)

They can take more punishment and the reverse lockout is much better than the factory. The factory handles break pretty easy. I broke 2 and decided for the money, it was better to change it out.

Coach

"coach", you installation is one of the cleanest I've seen!...:wink:
I'd like to know where did you get the console plate...Aftermarket or made yourself?...also, what model and part# is your B&M shifter?

Thanks,

Claude. :)

Thank you on the compliment. I made the console plate. It is 3/16 clear acrylic painted black on the bottom side. I am making a new one because I want to put the silver pinstripe around it like all the dash cluster pieces have. It should look really factory then. It is the Carbon-fiber Pro stick from B&M #81043. You also need the 4 speed gate plate. I believe they discontinued that shifter though.

Thanks
Coach

"coach" does that shifter works in conjunction with the factory neutral switch (mandatory at some tracks...) and also operate the back-up lights? I assume it doesn't have any provision for a lighted shifter position indicator in the console...
Thanks,

Claude. :wink:

Heres is what I did. I found a bracket off of a V-8 column shift 200r4 car and welded it to the B&M bracket. The rod for the back-up lights and neutral hook up just like factory. Those linkage brackets should be able to be found from a parts car on here pretty easy. Here is a pic of what it looks like. As for the light, the shifter has no indicator, so I used the shift indicator light in a boost gauge.

Coach

Attachments

• B&M_bracket_with_Buick_lock-out.jpg
    B&M_bracket_with_Buick_lock-out.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 656
I made the console plate.
Thanks
Coach
"coach", I sent you a "pm" about the console plate...I wonder if there would be enough room using the factory plate, allowing me to keep the ash tray compartment where I installed a few switches?...
Thanks,

Claude. :wink: