Shakedown Pass 1/8 mile

Can't you get a different valve body to raise the shift points?
Yes, but the more HP goes to the converter, the higher the rpm's become. I already have my weights modified to shift higher, hence why I run a 30'' tall tire. Im going through the traps at 5600 instead of normal 5800-5900.

I plan to use the stock shifter with ses light for shift light.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I've been there, done that, I wasn't too happy with the results trying to use a stock shifter. I'm not saying it won't work though. Once you start running down into the 10's it not incredibly easy to move a stock shifter one click ahead and time it right.

I hear that. Im just using what I have for now. I have my cable adjusted to a quick bump out of 1st and I can rap it up to 3rd hard as I want with this B&M gate.

28's wouldn't work ? I have a big 28 inch under my 99 ls1 car and litterly shoot the piss out of it dead hook an tote a factory 16 inch wheel.. fac 273 gears auto car

Last edited:
lol I aint biting cowboy lol .... 26's didn't work for me on the GN! well they did but it dead hooked or spun its ass off .... im messing with you man! Everyone uses their own combo... As long as you are having fun ! That's all that matters

Too much to list.
Major stuff... 245ci Weber Stroker, 6768HPQ, Dana60, Built tranny, most suspension mods, SD2, E85.

Great run!

Why is it difficult to get the TTA in the 9's?

Is there something different than the Grand National? Not that 9's are easy either way but just curious.

So far, there have been a hand full of guys that hit what seems to be the limits of the heads at 10.3-10.5 There are a different design than the GN head all together. We have found that Gn headed TTA's run just as hard as Gn's. Only caveat is fabbing new headers and DP to allow the GN heads to work.

UPDATE:
1.44 60ft
10.55 ET

Heres the vid.

Here is a 1.59 60ft spinning out of the hole

Last edited:
Im gonna have to tame this thing now! lol
I think this is the fastest 1/8th mile stock headed TTA. Went 6.64
Now gotta work on the big end.