Shakedown Pass 1/8 mile

Go Big or Go Home!
20140603_141157[1].jpg

20140603_140626[1].jpg

Last edited:
IAT should have been after the nozzle.
That ally tank needs a vented cap. Remember you can't pull liquid out of a sealed tank without it imploding

I know.. I know.. JD drills me on that any chance he gets. Im gonna drill and tap the upper plenum for that IAT.
I drilled a hole in the alky cap a while back. Think I need the vented version?

Do you have to put holes in the bumper cover at all now to help with flow to the IC?

Do you have to put holes in the bumper cover at all now to help with flow to the IC?
Well, the 5-6 rows that are showing make up about 75% of the old IC. The air dam at the bottom should scoop in some, but I am going to modify that for a little more flow. Im more concerned about engine temps. I need to build a scoop for fresh air to the motor..Although I have a high speed fan already. I took it out for a quick burst, but that wasnt enough to heat soak it. Maybe tomorrow.

Just remember, you'll have to fudge the tune a little leaner now (unless it was too lean already).
Eric
Thanks for the tip Eric. I initially turned boost down 5-6 psi for a quick burst and she was rich. My IAT temps went from 102 to 54 on a short burst, so the alky is doing its job.

Not to thread jack but could you explain?
I dont want to speak for Eric, but I think he means the sensor is now mounted after the alky and will see much lower temps from the sensor and that will add fuel to the system.

Made an aluminum scoop for it.. I know its crude, but I think it will allow more air into the cooler. It angles down 10 degrees followed by that 1.5'' 45 degree bend up to the cooler.

20140626_134518[1].jpg
20140626_133917[1].jpg

20140626_133841[1].jpg

Last edited:
Thanks. It was all I had, so I made it work. PTC 9.5 is in the car as of 15 minutes ago. Gonna finish everything up by Monday and start tuning again.

Watch out for parking curbs and driveways :whistle:

These cars are pretty low.. can't say how many times I smacked the pipes under the radiator :wacky:

How many lbs did the boost rise when you installed the FM over your last modded SLIC? Or did you turn the boost down before installing...