SFI Harmonic Balancers

anders

1989 TTA
Hi
Does anybody have a suggestion of what harmonic balancer i chould get,has to be sfi approed and for the TTA

TA Performance or BHJ

the TA works for either stock crank (external ) or forged crank (internal)as it has a removable weight

the bhj has to be ordered for external or internal and with reluctor ring

technically the stock does not need to be changed to SFI because its not a separate inertia ring balancer so the rule on balancers does not apply , but it is a cast unit and they can fail so its not a bad idea to change it out .
if you race a lot i'd go with the bhj balancer which will help dampen the vibration and should extend the cranks life .
the TA is more like the original but its not a cast piece and is fine but its not a dampner

TA Performance or BHJ

the TA works for either stock crank (external ) or forged crank (internal)as it has a removable weight

the bhj has to be ordered for external or internal and with reluctor ring

technically the stock does not need to be changed to SFI because its not a separate inertia ring balancer so the rule on balancers does not apply , but it is a cast unit and they can fail so its not a bad idea to change it out .
if you race a lot i'd go with the bhj balancer which will help dampen the vibration and should extend the cranks life .
the TA is more like the original but its not a cast piece and is fine but its not a dampner

If I purchase one from GN1 does the weight have to be installed a certain way or as long is the weight is attached to the balancer I’m good to go?

ati-917456_ml.jpg

These are nice too.

the TA balancer weight only has one location where it gets installed . for stock replacement bolt it where it goes and thats it