seven years

alb84

Grumpy, Greasy, Old
Finally got my GN running after seven years of only working on everybody else's Buicks. It is no longer a hot air, but it is not a 87 set up either. It is running very nice @ 15psi boost. There is alot still to do, but I am driving it every day. WoooHoooo!

congrats,enjoy....you deserve some turbo therapy........:biggrin:

I did some fairly extensive mods over the years, I am suprised how well they are working. I am enjoying the therapy.

Are there pics coming soon? Honestly Im curious, congratulations on having it on the road again, I hope to say the same too soon!

It's certainly not picture perfect, but I will try to wrestle the Nikon away from my wife and get a couple put up today.

Here are a couple from when I first started fabricating. It turned out pretty much along the same line.

Attachments

• 1415.jpg
    1415.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 1493.jpg
    1493.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 860.jpg
    860.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 862.jpg
    862.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 147
I hope you took lots of pics so you can show exactly what you did. There have been lots of requests lately for info on doing something like this. What intercooler did you use?

The IC came off a big truck, I don't know what exactly. It came from a body shop that mostly worked on the big rigs. I think a body shop would be a good place to start looking. I modified the IC to fit around the radiator. That was five years ago. I welded up the IC tubes from some mandrel bent exhaust pipes I had laying around, then I polished them. I have some more old pics on my computer, but I havn't set it up since we moved last month. I'll get it set up tonight.

Gonna try to get a couple pics made smaller and post them up.

Attachments

• digitals 002.jpg
    digitals 002.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 97
  • digitals 004.jpg
    digitals 004.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 126