SEMA Build

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
Do not forget to click on the build-325 pics.

I really hate they did this to a real GN, not in love they didn't keep the V6 and for all intensive purposes it is not a GN anymore. That being said the wheels/tires are the best part of it for me. Absolutely sick. I love big tires on our cars. The key thing is pretty cool too and actually the emblem is totally bada$$.

I agree a 1500hp Buick V6 would have been a way cooler car. I cant blame anyone for building a LS motor these days when parts for the Buford are made from unobtanium. I've been poking around on thier site looking at their IRS set up and pics for a Gbody chassis/ They have a cool chassis builder. That frame with all an IRS and all options is $61984, plus tax and shipping!!

I can't wait to see more of this car!

Might have started as a turbo Buick but now it is just a turbo car. To say one can see why, I have to counter, I can't see why. Of the millions of gbody cars gm built, I never understand why someone hacked up a real turbo regal.
I bleed trishield .
Their car, their build and I can appreciate all cars. So I guess it is nice, but once it said LS in the description I didn't even click the link. I see how those flathead guys feel about the sbc.

On Instagram the other day they said "boat anchors belong in boats" referring to the turbo buick engine. They are a bit out of touch If you ask me.

I’ve seen this car in person and I asked the sales person that sold me my frame, how much is a build like this cost? I was told it’s at around $700k

The Buick Gn purest can down talk this car but the quality of build and the details were insane. This car obviously was not built to have anything stock, and Nowadays if you don’t have over 500 to 600hp you just are not in the same world of custom show cars. Over 1000hp with drivability and reliability? Sign me up. I’ve never seen a cleaner Gn or a Gbody built to this standard and this one I can say I seen in person and is on the top of my list of cars I love.

The interior was one of my favorite parts of the car, the door panels were wrapped in leather or new ones were built it’s hard to say, but I had to look very hard and closely because, even though some parts looked stock, it wasn’t.

Wish I would’ve been able to take pictures but when I asked the salesman if I could, he said I was not able too. Over all This car was just amazing in every way.

$700k not really in my wheel house. Sounds like a hole they threw money in. Driveability? I doubt that car will see 10k more miles in it's lifetime. I can't imagine the insurance premium on such a unit.

I'm a car guy to the core just like many of us on here. Show cars are nice but I've not felt the need to have one. I'm glad they can justify the build and I hope it pays off for their business.

$700k not really in my wheel house. Sounds like a hole they threw money in. Driveability? I doubt that car will see 10k more miles in it's lifetime. I can't imagine the insurance premium on such a unit.

I'm a car guy to the core just like many of us on here. Show cars are nice but I've not felt the need to have one. I'm glad they can justify the build and I hope it pays off for their business.

I am a Buick nut too and really couldnt be any more hardcore about them I feel the same way about cutting up a GN to make it another Gbody racecar.

That car is built to be a pro-touring car and it will probably be driven and raced a lot more than you can imagine. Since it is pro-touring build I can absolutely see why they used an LS motor. While I can (and have) made 1500hp with a Buick V6 you are not going to put that kind of motor in a car that will be used on a road course or auto x in addition to drag racing and regular street driving. You need newer technology and a motor you can actually buy parts for!

I have a pro-touring Ttype (with a Buick V6) and did a Pro-touring event this year and it was a real eye opener. There was more than one car at that event at the same level as this build and they were flogging the shit out of them all weekend. One of them was an actual REAL 1969 Camaro Z28 with X33 trim tag and all. It sat on a $55k Roadster Shop chassis had a CF 5th gen Camaro roof panel molded and old school SBC with NOS all run with a Motec $$ with every option you can think of. I spoke to the owner and he said the car was a numbers matching original and he actually sold the original motor and drivetrain since the car was never going back. I posted a pick of it in my build thread on my T-type along with a few other high end builds. That Camaro was easily a $500k build with so many subtle mods to the car it was really amazing.

I am a Buick nut too and really couldnt be any more hardcore about them I feel the same way about cutting up a GN to make it another Gbody racecar.

That car is built to be a pro-touring car and it will probably be driven and raced a lot more than you can imagine. Since it is pro-touring build I can absolutely see why they used an LS motor. While I can (and have) made 1500hp with a Buick V6 you are not going to put that kind of motor in a car that will be used on a road course or auto x in addition to drag racing and regular street driving. You need newer technology and a motor you can actually buy parts for!

I have a pro-touring Ttype (with a Buick V6) and did a Pro-touring event this year and it was a real eye opener. There was more than one car at that event at the same level as this build and they were flogging the shit out of them all weekend. One of them was an actual REAL 1969 Camaro Z28 with X33 trim tag and all. It sat on a $55k Roadster Shop chassis had a CF 5th gen Camaro roof panel molded and old school SBC with NOS all run with a Motec $$ with every option you can think of. I spoke to the owner and he said the car was a numbers matching original and he actually sold the original motor and drivetrain since the car was never going back. I posted a pick of it in my build thread on my T-type along with a few other high end builds. That Camaro was easily a $500k build with so many subtle mods to the car it was really amazing.
See that’s my idea of enjoying a car. Build the car you like and how you are going to use it.

Because I much rather drive a older custom car with lots of horse power that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars than a Ferrari or a Lamborghini, not saying I don’t appreciate them and like them, my heart is just more into older and classic vehicles that are show quality and still keep up with exotics.

Just confirms that there are only two kinds of money problems, too much and too little. I'm in the too little end so I don't even really dream about a half million dollar build. I'll stay in my lane with the $7k build with used parts and lots of horse trading for stuff.
I guess we don't know what these cars start as. I'm guessing with the money they buy the nicest stuff to start. But who knows.

I'd still rather have a dz302 and the four speed. Even if it is old and clunky compared to these new linear shifted units with additional gears. Throw in the 4.10 gears and I'll sweat it down the highway with the windows down. I can't even fathom dropping half a million into a car. Way different than how I live.

Just confirms that there are only two kinds of money problems, too much and too little. I'm in the too little end so I don't even really dream about a half million dollar build. I'll stay in my lane with the $7k build with used parts and lots of horse trading for stuff.
I guess we don't know what these cars start as. I'm guessing with the money they buy the nicest stuff to start. But who knows.

I'd still rather have a dz302 and the four speed. Even if it is old and clunky compared to these new linear shifted units with additional gears. Throw in the 4.10 gears and I'll sweat it down the highway with the windows down. I can't even fathom dropping half a million into a car. Way different than how I live.
Nothing wrong with a low budget build, I’ve been there myself but today thank god I am able to have a build in the process, with a roadster shop frame and an lt4 with 650hp. Not going in a Buick but into a 1987 cutlass. my father bought me the car when I was 15 and it was the car I really wanted and also drove it to high school.

Till this day I tell people they will bury me in it, because I will never sell it.

I also have an all original 1987 cutlass salon with 19000 original miles that I am going to keep all original.

It’s not illegal to be different or liking what you like, I believe people have a right to build whatever makes them happy.

Nice Build!
But......
1500hp is not the kind of power to go around a turn with.
And that car wont put that 1500hp actually down on a street or even down on a dragstrip.
Nor would it be allowed to do so due to certs.
It's a look at me build and it is nice to look at😉

Nothing wrong with a low budget build, I’ve been there myself but today thank god I am able to have a build in the process, with a roadster shop frame and an lt4 with 650hp. Not going in a Buick but into a 1987 cutlass. my father bought me the car when I was 15 and it was the car I really wanted and also drove it to high school.

Till this day I tell people they will bury me in it, because I will never sell it.

I also have an all original 1987 cutlass salon with 19000 original miles that I am going to keep all original.

It’s not illegal to be different or liking what you like, I believe people have a right to build whatever makes them happy.
I'ld like to see some pics and more details on your build!

I agree nothing wrong with low budget builds and I enjoy them just as much as the high end ones. I love to see any build that performs well looks good and was done with ingenuity no matter what the budget.

If someone has the means anyone can buy an exotic but not everyone can build one.

Stock low mileage cars are cool, I had an 8k mile GN last year and it was super cool, like driving a time capsule. I quickly lost interest in it though if you cant drive it, modify it, race it and modify it some more then eehh not my cup o tea,

I'ld like to see some pics and more details on your build!

I agree nothing wrong with low budget builds and I enjoy them just as much as the high end ones. I love to see any build that performs well looks good and was done with ingenuity no matter what the budget.

If someone has the means anyone can buy an exotic but not everyone can build one.

Stock low mileage cars are cool, I had an 8k mile GN last year and it was super cool, like driving a time capsule. I quickly lost interest in it though if you cant drive it, modify it, race it and modify it some more then eehh not my cup o tea,
I posted this a while ago

And here’s a few pics of my engine.

I live in CA so I had to get a 50 state legal crate engine, to be able to legally install, drive and smog the car in this state.

Attachments

• E792A9C3-43D3-42A2-BAD2-B7B13E52C4C6.jpeg
    E792A9C3-43D3-42A2-BAD2-B7B13E52C4C6.jpeg
    119.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 633018C1-A6F3-46F5-8BDB-231772045D54.jpeg
    633018C1-A6F3-46F5-8BDB-231772045D54.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 47
Dang I missed Kevins car at Sema, when I walked by it was still covered up and my wife joked another Grand National there. She was right!

I walked around & snapped a few photos of the Regals I could find. They had lots of interest. They still makes waves at even the biggest events.
IMG_4387.jpg
IMG_4356.jpg
IMG_4354.jpg
IMG_4353.jpg

I agree with others out there, WHY change a GN buick turbo v6 to a Gbody v8 race car?

Kevin's ATS build is cool, but he could have done that to any number of regular plain ol' regals instead of changing a GN!

Can't they just find then change a regular regal to whatever they want? Its like automotive CLICK BAIT.

Far as my opinion goes, not worth much, but there where NO GN's at SEMA this year. But there were 3 gbody regal builds.

There was a GN and a LS swapped T last year on the auto course

Attachments

• D6842209-C977-4D8C-A1C3-B7495BFE13D2.jpg
    D6842209-C977-4D8C-A1C3-B7495BFE13D2.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 1EFB8C36-4C1E-4018-9B53-EC9BE3363FB5.jpg
    1EFB8C36-4C1E-4018-9B53-EC9BE3363FB5.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 39
  • D4A74A1F-3C1C-44A1-A652-CF041C5DE5FC.jpg
    D4A74A1F-3C1C-44A1-A652-CF041C5DE5FC.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 41
  • F8DDDA85-830C-48E4-BA1F-3B0D31045351.jpg