selling my GN

fellas guys dont care what it cost new.thats just reality.thats also why you can make more on parting things out vs buying something done.perhaps in the future it will change.

$30k? That would be silly bro.... $40k all day long and twice on Sunday.
think about how many gn's original or stage are actually selling or have sold for 40k?i watch this stuff all the time and have alot of people that i see try to unload the cars and believe it or not very few are actually getting that kind of money.i personally agree that its worth more and costs more but op will struggle or never get the 40k

Yea I agree. Even in the Mustang World that's a tall order for a car just 5 years old with a Turbo kit but considering $20k for the motor alone U gotta think the car itself as a roller would be worth $10k and there is probably another $25k in additional parts and labor. So $40k sounds reasonable but yea ur probably right not many paying that for a GN but there is an ass for every seat. If he can get $30k that easily I would throw $40-45k out there and see what bites. Surely cant build it for less than $60k.

think about how many gn's original or stage are actually selling or have sold for 40k?i watch this stuff all the time and have alot of people that i see try to unload the cars and believe it or not very few are actually getting that kind of money.i personally agree that its worth more and costs more but op will struggle or never get the 40k

The Buick market is just not what it once was. You can no longer sell a good car with all the right parts in them for even money. Usually it goes for 50% or less of what you paid for it.

Hot airs are bought as a cheap way in to make 600 hp and fall short too.

Low mile original cars are going for top dollar but the smart people know that a stock GN is nowhere near as fast as a modified one and that is what makes them fun. The investors will use them for precisely that they think they can make money on them and they will.

Everyone wants something for nothing.

Brett you have a great car there I hope you get what you want for it but don't give it away either.

I think you have to weigh both sides. I agree with a lot of the members; I think it is a $40K car, Buick guys are cheap, and you have to weigh the benefit of someone coming to you and wanting to buy your car. That is worth $$$ in itself.
On the other hand look at the car as a means to an end. It IS just a car. It is not a human. Tomorrow is not promised to anyone. If this accomplishes your retirement goals, then that is the end game.
You have a super straight big name car with a big name engine and big name quality parts. I, myself, would be curious as to how much it would really bring. I am not familiar with prices. GNBrett is usually on point with them. But I don’t know if that would sort of be a douchbag move to put it up for sale and see. You would have to be transparent with your neighbor. On one hand I wouldn’t want to leave around 10K on the table and on the other I wouldn’t want to lose $5-8K either. I guess it just boils down to which scenario are you more comfortable with.

I agree $30k with the TA motor is a steal.
I have my Harley up for sale just to finance an engine build.

that motor is $20k alone.......

Yes, but depending on who built it and what internals were used. For example, if it were built by Twisted6racing, Bison, Cotton, RPE, Clarke....and that's just to name a few great builders.....then yes, definitely!

But, if it were built by Nick Macale then I wouldn't give you a bucket of piss for it!

IMO, I would rethink $30k for the car. Clean and stock (nothing fancy) gets you about $12-$14k..... Just sayin.....