Sell or Part it out

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
I bought TTA 656 a few yrs ago and it was a basket case,I have about 14k into the thing to get it back to somewhat normal of a car,the car lacks AC,needs a headliner,seats recovered,and to be perfect it could use carpet to be show condition,so all that is about another $1500 or so maybe more...and then what will i reallly get for the car..maybe $10k
thinking of parting it out,maybe someone that has a totaled car could transfer all their stuff to this one,

TTA 656 has new paint ,really nice,straight body,no rust,no accidents...thinking $4000 as a roller,nice paint would cost that alone,Rims are awesome looking..

TTA dp
TTA headers
Spohn Panhard,torq arm with ds loop(all chrome moly)
H&R motor mounts
stock trans crossmember
thinking to keep the engine for my T Type and sell the 30k mile tahoe motor that was gonna go in it..

some thoughts about what to do...

Your almost done, you got past the paint work....finish it! Forget what the car is worth today , enjoy it and sit on it for a few more years and You may be surprised....these cars will have their day to shine value wise I truely believe as many other cars have.

i looked at i your car abought 2 years ago when you wer selling it then,very nice clean car,just needs cosmetic work,I would get it running and enjoy it,you so close......$4000 good price

I think 90% of TTA owners have more in the car than its worth unless they have a bone stock car with low miles. Its cheaper to keep her.

I have also considered selling mine, I bought it like you a pretty big mess, and went through and built up the drivetrain first, now thats all done i need to redo the seat covers and hatch carpet and then to the paint (its completely rust free so i may just redo the interior stuff and then try to sell it like that) we will see.

Remember the reason you bought the car...to bring it back to life and enjoy it, do that. If you want an investment, go find one and do it....If you are like me (and most people) You work your ass off and need a release, finish your car and enjoy it ;)

Howdy BandAid!

I'm in need of the front seats safety belt/shoulder harnesses. Would you happen to have them? Used is fine if they work.

why part out a perfectly good car??? if you are down to a few minor cosmetics - why not keep it and finish it, or just sell it if you don't want it? why chop up a surviver?

why part out a perfectly good car??? if you are down to a few minor cosmetics - why not keep it and finish it, or just sell it if you don't want it? why chop up a surviver?

Whats a 70k tta go for.....parting out is a l
more money in my pocket then what it will sell for:)

I bought TTA 656 a few yrs ago and it was a basket case,I have about 14k into the thing to get it back to somewhat normal of a car,the car lacks AC,needs a headliner,seats recovered,and to be perfect it could use carpet to be show condition,so all that is about another $1500 or so maybe more...and then what will i reallly get for the car..maybe $10k
thinking of parting it out,maybe someone that has a totaled car could transfer all their stuff to this one,

TTA 656 has new paint ,really nice,straight body,no rust,no accidents...thinking $4000 as a roller,nice paint would cost that alone,Rims are awesome looking..

TTA dp
TTA headers
H&R motor mounts
stock trans crossmember
thinking to keep the engine for my T Type and sell the 30k mile tahoe motor that was gonna go in it..

some thoughts about what to do...

items above in boldare not included with the sale of the car..but should give the buyer first dibs at them..

Spal fans,front mount,radiator,battery,exhaust and drive shaft go with the car,

re: extra parts not included

If you dont sell the extra parts i am interested in the
TTA headers
H&R motor mounts
Can you put me first in line for these items if they become available for my 92 firebird convertible hybrid.
Also can you post what you would be asking $$$ price for these items
I need the set of headers most of all.....cash waiting.....Dave.....TTT

I'm thinking about doing the same thing

fix rod knock then try to sell the car--or trade in on a new truck--do dealers give ya KBB ??? I doubt it

or should i just sell everything piece by pice

mine has 75,000 miles a dent or 2 here and there--seats are crap--dash pad is a little messed up

but i have tons of parts--1 extra engine (Buick GN) 3 extra transmissions--1 is TTA 1 is 84 GN 1 is from a V-8