Selecting turbo

Want to do the springs and chain next winter,hopefully it lasts car has about 80,000 on it

Set the horsepower goal you want and build your parts around that goal. On a stock motor, get the foundation built first then add power, meaning do the timing chain and valve springs if you think they are bad. Get everything in good working order first.

Go buy the alky control unit it is much better and will support the hp numbers you are going for. Get your chip tuned for pump gas and alky, dont just run the alky on your stock chip.

How about your fuel pump? Stock or not? Stock is a time bomb.

You can use the stock turbo to make good power. If you NEED a turbo, Work Turbo, Comp Turbo or Full Throttle have some good choices for better than stock turbos.

If you list what you have done to the car, you will get some good advice on what will work with your combo.

Set the horsepower goal you want and build your parts around that goal. On a stock motor, get the foundation built first then add power, meaning do the timing chain and valve springs if you think they are bad. Get everything in good working order first.

Go buy the alky control unit it is much better and will support the hp numbers you are going for. Get your chip tuned for pump gas and alky, dont just run the alky on your stock chip.

How about your fuel pump? Stock or not? Stock is a time bomb.

You can use the stock turbo to make good power. If you NEED a turbo, Work Turbo, Comp Turbo or Full Throttle have some good choices for better than stock turbos.

If you list what you have done to the car, you will get some good advice on what will work with your combo.
It's a redarmstrong pump if I remember right,the chip,I have is a tt chip,for alky. Set up for 21-23 lbs of boost
I can definitely do chain and springs
I'm hoping mid to high 400 on hp

Before anything I would go with a Power Logger and wideband. You'll be able to really see what's going on with your tune and log a run and see what's going on there. Simple set up would be Alkycontrol, small billet turbo and 2800 stall converter. Easy reliable 11s until the trans starts slipping...

It's a redarmstrong pump if I remember right,the chip,I have is a tt chip,for alky. Set up for 21-23 lbs of boost
I can definitely do chain and springs
I'm hoping mid to high 400

I would work with what you have and go from there. You can get pretty close to that number on the stock turbo.

The Powerlogger and wide band is a good idea too.

You should list all the mods you have done so far as well.

Before anything I would go with a Power Logger and wideband. You'll be able to really see what's going on with your tune and log a run and see what's going on there. Simple set up would be Alkycontrol, small billet turbo and 2800 stall converter. Easy reliable 11s until the trans starts slipping...
I have a scanmaster and trans was rebuilt at janis 2 years ago not alot on it mileage wise

Looks like ALKY and convertor are his weakest link and no mention of a Hotwire. If I remember my 42's were done at high 11's with my 5857BB.
Tubular lower will not get you the 1.5 60ft. It will take a lot more than that.

The Powerlogger will let you data log and actually see what the car is doing.

Sounds like you have a decent combo just need to get it running.

I have a home built alky kit with a .030 jet but after about 19lbs it starts to give knock according to scanmaster.but I have an upstream,exhaust leak which will be fixed.so could,I go,with a bigger jet amd turn it up see where I'm at amd then do a BB turbo with stall i have I really want 11:50 out of it
No I don't think so. Some have Most of us are not soon. In my sig you see lots of cool guy parts you ask yourself ,Why all the cool parts?
Its because I bolted on a 5857 with ALKY and TT with 42 and missed the tone or something and it destroyed block crank.
When that happens it gets costly.

Looks like ALKY and convertor are his weakest link and no mention of a Hotwire. If I remember my 42's were done at high 11's with my 5857BB.
Tubular lower will not get you the 1.5 60ft. It will take a lot more than that.
Does, have hotwire I was thinking going with the 60"s and having chip redone for them
I'm on a 2500 budget for the winter so exhaust,razor kit, injectors,valve springs and chain would be it
The control arms are free he went with a 63 nova said doesn't need them anymore,nice to have friends.i have an old school front mount and piping not sure doing the reading if its worth it to put it on its an atr.i was hoping with what I already have gotten over summer,new body mounts,f41bars ,rear seat brace,and getting the control,arms,would,help,stiffen it up and,plant tire better
It dies have air bags forgot to mention that

Does, have hotwire I was thinking going with the 60"s and having chip redone for them
I'm on a 2500 budget for the winter so exhaust,razor kit, injectors,valve springs and chain would be it
The control arms are free he went with a 63 nova said doesn't need them anymore,nice to have friends.i have an old school front mount and piping not sure doing the reading if its worth it to put it on its an atr.i was hoping with what I already have gotten over summer,new body mounts,f41bars ,rear seat brace,and getting the control,arms,would,help,stiffen it up and,plant tire better
It dies have air bags forgot to mention that
80lb injectors are almost the same price as 60's, and I believe they are still the biggest you can run before ecm mods. Spend the few extra buck on them with one of Eric's chips in case you decide to go with e85.

You can go as high as 125's on the stock ECM with Erics chip. You can run well into the 6's in the 1/8th like I did with race gas and 80's.

You can do like I did all day long with a 6262, a good set of heads and a good torque convertor. The transmission is the weak link. Build is in my sig.