Second Version Window Sticker on eBay

Good catch on tryshield:smile: ….actually there were three versions “A” “B” and “C”. “A” and “B” were not used in production do to misspelled word and issues like the tryshield missing. You can identify the version by the part number in the lower RH corner. Version C was used for production. Regards

Attachments

• wsticker 2.JPG
    wsticker 2.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 388
Your knowledge on this GNX stuff is priceless, thanks for taking the time out to share it. I think it might be time to sit down with someone and start drafting an "inside the GNX production" book.

Sticker "B" Was Also Used In Early Production...

It should be pointed out that Monroney label "B" was actually used in production as well. Specifically, it was affixed to earlier cars. My Registry data approximates the car number cutoff for this change.

For example, my early car was delivered with a "B" sticker featuring a small GM logo and the "GM Protection Plan" statement indicating availability of the supplemental warranty in place of the tri-shield, along with the self-composed two-letter designation on the bottom right. By "self-composed" I refer to large letters comprised of the small letters spaced in formation to mimic the large letter--- e.g. a large "A" comprised of many small "A's" to take its shape. (Think of the old ASCII art if that helps).

Apparently the early decision to drop or limit the Extra-Cost Supplemental GM Protection Plan on the GNX coincided with the adoption of the Buick tri-shield in its place on subsequent cars (as is the case with my later car).

Doug

I have looked at two GNX's that had two monroney stickers with them. In both cases, one was the traditional ASC McLaren version with all the options listed, that we're used to seeing, with the only clue that it was a Buick being the Trishield image (rev C?).

The second was a traditional Buick Regal (GN) type sticker with all the same option info as the ASC sticker including the GNX number.

If you study the various pictures of GN's behind the chain link fence awaiting conversion, presumably fresh off the transports, you will notice they have stickers in the side glass already. Could these be the original Buick Regal factory stickers applied at the factory that later got replaced by the ASC stickers during modification? Could it be that some of the Buick stickers were left in the respective GNX's after removal?

I have version B

and no tri shield,
just the PP in lower corner,
my number is 163

amazing onfo. thanks!

Bringing this conversation back.... as many new GNX owners and Barn finds have “emerged”.....
Mine is #222 and has the PP at bottom right corner along with the tri-shield.
Though..... would like to know what the two sets of numbers at the right hand side of the vin number at bottom of the window sticker mean.......

Pictures of...A,B ,C

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 118
  • 0 bytes · Views: 85
  • 0 bytes · Views: 78
  • 0 bytes · Views: 84
  • 0 bytes · Views: 79