Sd2 no fuel correction.

85tr

Just as the title says I just started tuning with the sd2 chip and am seeing no correction. Am I missing something in the settings?

2 is set to 135 three to 150 and 4 to 113. I’m getting correction once I get close to boost. Around 4 u
Inches of vacuum, just none at idle.

Ok, send me a log of it idling, up to temp, so I can see what its doing. Make sure you save the log before you turn off the car, so it will save the tune into the log.

chip was set for e85, set parameter 13 to 128 and I started getting a/f correction at idle as well as the rest of the throttle positions. I only have about ten minutes now messing with the chip and am sure ill have more questions. Thank you for your fast response Eric and all you do for the buick community.

Attachments

• first idle for gas.dat
    150.1 KB · Views: 166
What should the injector offset be for 80’s? I have it set to 36 right now it was 0 on the chip base settings.

Copy, thank you. This thing is starting to kick my ass. Had it running pretty well two days ago then started it yesterday and cell 13 had changed back to 160 and the car now has a stumble that won’t go away. Hoping it’s just the plugs being fouled.

The SD2 relies on a good connection between the powerlogger and ECM. As the cars get older, sometimes it hard to maintain that good connection. Make sure the powerlogger is not loose and moving around, and the edge connector is clean.

Have a look inside the ECM plug sockets for signs of water.

Make sure battery cables are tight.
Trace positive battery cable down to starter. Make sure it’s not resting on the header and burned through the jacket.

Refresh the chip connections. When you pull the chip, use a needle or pin to pry up the contacts in the chip socket so that that press tighter against the chip legs.

Thats all I know..

Good luck

Rick

Changed the plugs and went back to the base settings today other than cell 13 which I set to 128. 5 minutes of messing around and the car idles great. I was very excited to start tuning this setup but I think the car is flipping me off and I’ll be pulling the valve train here soon.