SD 2 chip failure, or PL failure??

gunslinger

So today I drove my car 20 miles to work. stopped to grab breakfast, came back out, and the car wouldn't start. Towed it back to the shop and finally finished enough customers cars to check it out.
Had spark, but no injector pulse.
Had cam signal into and out of module.
Good cam and crank signals to the ECM
Power to the injectors, no pulse signal from the ECM
Was going to go to the track tonight, so I had my laptop with me, and I was able to check data. No cranking RPM seen. Still showing correct injector size settings, etc.
Tired antitheft procedure...no go.
Took a company car back home to pick up some spare parts.
Swapped put ECMs, still no pulse.
Swapped SD2 chip with 5.6 chip, and the car starts & runs. Obviously had a MAF code.
I converted it back to MAF, and now I'm going to try to drive it home.

So did my chip die, lose a setting somewhere that I'm not seeing, or is the PL interfering with the injector signal output.

Eric...Bob????

Last edited:
I would make a log of you trying to start it. Make sure you save the log with the key still on so it saves the tune into the log (so we can see it).
See if you can attach the log here or email it to me.

Some of your parameters in the blm table are at zero, like the fuel composition parameter, etc, which will make the inj pw go to zero.
Reload the defaults and see if that fixes it up. Also make sure the PL board is not moving around in the ECM, which can corrupt the parameters.

It's only the fuel comp parameter that would cause the issue, the other params looks ok, so you could just put that parameter back to 128, instead of reloading all the defaults.

I'll give that a try when I get home. Thanks Eric.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It's only the fuel comp parameter that would cause the issue, the other params looks ok, so you could just put that parameter back to 128, instead of reloading all the defaults.

That was it. Thanks Eric.
What would cause something like this to happen?
The car "hiccuped" twice the previous day. Maybe the PL connection wasn't great?

The car "hiccuped" twice the previous day. Maybe the PL connection wasn't great?

My car started acting funny a while back hiccup at ilde and then it kindly went to running better on it own , so I hooked up the computer to it and saw some odd streaks in some of the graph , so I took the computer out and found out the pl had moved alittle and was cocked , I took power logger out and cleaned terminals and put back together and noticed my computer was not tight in its holder , so I figured it was moving some so I tie wrap the computer to the holder so it stay tight plus make sure your terminal wire is not puling on the pl either has it can cause problems also , so far so good but the odd steaks or numbers is a clue something is wrong with the pl connections . Just what I have found with my car .

while having similar issues lately,i pulled logger off of computer and used dielectric grease on EVERYTHING.all of the little gremlins have left.