Scariest Movies Of All Time?

xtn5021

The Iconic Exorcist
exorcist.jpg

I guess it depends on your generation. I've seen the exorcist and thought it was pretty lame. Poltergeist came out when I was young. That movie still freaks me out.

The Legend of Boggy Creek, The Blair Witch Project. I used to end up in the woods well after dark many times when I was younger, both these movies gave me the willies.

If you include disturbing in the definition of "scary" my vote is: Se7en.

Probably tame for most of the guys here, but not for me...

Evil Dead. The first one. :biggrin:

OK, it's totally hokey and predictable, but it's the standard of B budget horror.

Legend of boggy creek

The Legend of Boggy Creek, The Blair Witch Project. I used to end up in the woods well after dark many times when I was younger, both these movies gave me the willies.

i was young when i saw this, and enjoyed it enough to buy it on DVD ( yea they made it on DVD ) guess it really depends on your age and what you consider scary. the prophecy was one that i wanted to watch and wound up running out when the kid in the sleeping bag got took out. i've seen alot of scary movies, the original alien scared the heck out of me but not too bad. can't think of any other ones that really freaked me out. blair witch was ok but i already knew it was bogus before i saw it thanks to my X. without that info it would have been alot more scarier.

X2 on the Exorsist. When I was 12 we were watching the VHS Friday the 13th over at my uncles house. I about sh_t on that last scene where Jason flips the girl in the canoe. I was fooled by the calming background music. My uncle still razs me about that.

My wedding video, I get goose bumps and nausea every time I watch it!!!;)

Deliverance

I thought Deliverance was scary with Burt Reynolds and those Hill Billy people. That poor Ned Beaty will always be remembered for that infamous scene. Wee Wee!!!

Also Haloween when that Michael dude was walkn in and out of the scrubs mid afternoon on the windy dreary day.. That really freaked me out because that could happen in any small town setting.

I was told by someone that REALLY likes scary movies that the new movie
"paranormal activity" had people leaving the theater, and she was scared to go to her closet to get a blanket later that night. I've watched the trailer and it looks pretty creepy. The only view is through the video camera that a couple has set up to record their "haunting" in thier home.

paranomal activity

I was told by someone that REALLY likes scary movies that the new movie
"paranormal activity" had people leaving the theater, and she was scared to go to her closet to get a blanket later that night. I've watched the trailer and it looks pretty creepy. The only view is through the video camera that a couple has set up to record their "haunting" in thier home.

there was a guy on here about a week ago who said it was one of hte scariest movies he say. haven't seen it yet but look forward to it.

nightmare on elm street always scared me as a kid along with friday the 13th.

after about part 3 of each i quit watching them,

there was a guy on here about a week ago who said it was one of hte scariest movies he say. haven't seen it yet but look forward to it.

so scary I almost feel asleep during this movie. good thing I didn't pay to watch it ;) downloads save money, gas, time, and hassel.

all I can say is dont watch the trailor or you will not enjoy this movie, it isn't scary. but IT SUCKS because this kind of movie totally had the potiential to become extremely scary but they just never took advantage of their opportunities. the couple in the movie couldn't even fake argue well, i was disappointed. I was not convinced of anything other then the girl was mental and she killed her bf then bounced.

old school horror flicks do me 10x worse then anything today. Flashing screens with computerized figures doesn't do much when your nerves are shot from growing up in this world. I need ONE camera shots, slow pan in's, slow pan out's, slow moving cameras, MUSIC building tension, long slow tension filled scenes, that is what scares me.