Scantool + Radio

85_Daphne

They call me Cowyboy...
I recently started working at a automotive accessory shop, and have access to quality stereo decks. I was curious as to know if I were to get a flip up screen deck, could i interface the scanmaster into the deck so i could get all the readings on the display screen? is anything like this possible and if its not yet, what would it take ya think?

if there is one that will function as a computer screen, you could install a small computer and run PowerLogger.

Bob

TB,

I have a hotair car, and its converted to e85 with a turbotweak chip but i have done the computer swap. would i need anything else specific?

TB,

Thank you for the quick replies as well as the insight. I have a couple other questions. this is the deck im looking at getting, and it has USB capabilites and such, would this be ok, or do i need another laptop and sync that to my deck? or could u just eliminate it all and get a tablet and install the correct windows operating system and get a mount for the tablet and go that route.... i just have always wanted a nice flip up screen deck and wanted to be able to possibly eliminate the scanmaster and clean up the interior of my car.

probably better off getting a tablet.

otherwise, I need to know what deck you are looking at and see what it takes to turn it into a computer monitor

TB,

here is the link to the deck i was looking at getting

http://kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entertainment/Mobile_Video_n_Navigation/Mobile_Video/KVT-516

But ive been doing some research, and if i understand "things" i will get a tablet that i can run windows 7 or 8 on and get power logger, download the power logger onto the tablet and then use that to interface with my cars CPU and basically be able to use powerlogger on the go with a tablet instead of a laptop. Thus eliminating the deck. I can just get a good single din deck to put in my car to be able to listen to CD's and my iPhone. What do you think?

TB,

Thanks for the quick response. I was also looking on the web, and found a program called Torque Pro. Do you know anything about this at all?

i wasn't aware that Torque was available for windows, its a smartphone app that can talk to OBD-2 vehicles thru Elm compatible interface devices.

not going to do anything on a turbo buick.....

TB,

Piss, o well back to PL and a tablet, assuming i can con the "wife" into letting me go that way. She said I dont race or do anything like that with my car so so theres no need for a PL and i already have a scanmaster so i guess im stuck for a small while