Scanmaster will not work

Scarab

I replaced my alternator on my car and the battery was disconnected for 2 weeks. After I completed the work I started the car and now the scanmaster just boots up with 2.2 and goes off like it is not getting a signal. Do I have to connect the laptop to it again and unselect "scanmaster g" to get it to start working again? I think I had to do this in the past but don't remember if it is required. Anyone know? And yes I have a powerlogger

Orange ECM wire behind the battery connected?
Have you checked the ECM fuse in the fuse box?
What about your ALDL wiring?

Quiet possible you'll need to go back and check your configuration with the Powerlogger, if it was down 2 weeks.
Maybe Eric or Bob will chime in.

I replaced my alternator on my car and the battery was disconnected for 2 weeks. After I completed the work I started the car and now the scanmaster just boots up with 2.2 and goes off like it is not getting a signal. Do I have to connect the laptop to it again and unselect "scanmaster g" to get it to start working again? I think I had to do this in the past but don't remember if it is required. Anyone know? And yes I have a powerlogger

the Scan G option is saved in flash, so it should not forget the setting regardless of the battery. But its worth rechecking anyway.

Let me know what you find

Hooked the laptop with power logger back up to car and it started working. Why..I didn't change anything

the Scan G option is saved in flash, so it should not forget the setting regardless of the battery. But its worth rechecking anyway.

Let me know what you find
After I disconnected the battery. I reconnected it and did not have the laptop with me. I started the car to see how the new alternator was charging and notice the scanmaster didn't work. I got the laptop out and connected it to the car. Once the powerlogger connected the scanmaster started working. I did not change anything. So Bob I don't k ow why?

Windows 10 OS laptop?
Possibly a USB driver update was taking place that you didn't know about.
Anything is possible with Windows these days.

If it's back to being good to go, I would keep an eye on your cable connections, particularly the cable that plugs into the Powerlogger board and all Scanmaster connections.
Just a thought and glad it's behaving again.

-Patrick-