Scanmaster Help Please

scrobbyd

First off I’d like to say hello to all I’ve been out of the loop for a while. Haven’t been driving the Buick much for the past

Not quite sure why the rest of my post didn't come up so I'll try again.

First off I’d like to say hello to all I’ve been out of the loop for a while. Haven’t been driving the Buick much for the past few years which means no problems. Anyway had an exhaust leak and a few other small issues that this much time at home have aloud me to start tinkering and resolve. But now for quit some time my SM has been showing KR while at idle but mostly 0.0. Just cruising it’s mostly 0.0 but sporadically jumping up to 18.?, 24.? and so on without even smashing into it. So after reading a little bit here on the forms I come to the conclusion that possibly I had a loose connection. So I took the liberty of re-wiring skin mask or soldering the white wire into the orange wire. Now the problems seem to have escalated to where it comes on initially and then goes blank. Any ideas or clues of where I need to go from here? Any advice will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Had the same issue with mine going blank. I soldered all the connections on the back of the ALDL...problem solved.

My Scanmaster acted strange too not long ago. I checked my connections and ran a new "'hot" wire" to an IGN slot in the fusebox. I have too seen all kinds of crazy knock while idling. I unplugged the orange ECM wire near the battery and re-plugged it in. All has been OK since. Fall down a well, eyes go crossed, get kicked in the head by a mule, they go straight again, I don't know...............