Scanmaster G (gauge) is now available for XFI & Classic FAST

TurboBob

Resident mad scientist
Staff member
Now available for XFI and Classic FAST!!

The Scanmaster has been one of the standard "gotta have" items for these cars for anyone wanting to get the best performance as well as a troubleshooting and diagnostic tool.

Last winter we introduced the Scanmaster G for the Buicks, it has been very popular thanks to your enthusiasm! Way back then a few guys pre-ordered their XFI version. Those units are shipping tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience!

We have some units in stock, and the web page is set up to take orders. The FAQ needs some update, so I will list some details here.

coverpic1-jpg.273397

And we have packed it full of all the other things guys (and gals) have asked for over the years.
- it uses a dot matrix OLED, so the display is very clear and readable, its 128 x 64 pixels.
- the size is a 2-1/16" gauge
- it captures the leanest reading, highest boost and highest knock for immediate recall, along with the MPH's where it occurred
- it has a bluetooth module and functions seamlessly as a wireless bridge for CCom - laptop tuning.
- it works with both XFI and Classic FAST displaying all the vital data for tuning and monitoring.
- it displays trouble codes with descriptions
- internal logging is in development and will be a free upgrade.
- android logging via Bluetooth is in development and will be a free upgrade.
- displays analog data for the 8 Analog inputs on the XFI, configurable for sensor and label
- displays Fuel Energy Constant so those running E85/Ethanol compensation can monitor it.
- lots more.

We just finished the final testing, the results are fantastic. We will be posting pics and videos as we get them.

You can read more about it at www.scanmaster.bailey-eng.com.
Send me questions using the Contact link on the web page, or post them here (or send me a PM).

Thanks guys!!

Bob

This unit is bad ass. Thanks Bob!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way cool! Bob come's through again!
Will the logging and Android upgrades be a software patch that is done in the field or will it have to be sent back to upgrade?

Last edited:
Way cool! Bob come's through again!
Will the logging and Android upgrades be a software patch that is done in the field or will it have to be sent back to upgrade?

The unit is fully reprogrammable in the field. So no need to send it in. Any updates will be free and posted on the web page.

Bob

Bob, I know its been about 7 months since I placed my order, it has taken longer than expected but I feel that it has been well worth the wait. I just installed the scanmaster G, it looks great, and after watching the video above, I'm pretty pumped to test this out.

Thanks again for your continued support!

Here is an installed picture.. I currently have my motor out or I'd have a running video as well.

IMG_0848.JPG

Bob, just installed mine yesterday. Was very easy and seems to be working great. I need help with connecting my computer through Bluetooth. I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 9343. The Bluetooth settings dialog box displays the following:

COM6 Outgoing Scanmaster 'Dev B'
COM7 Incoming Scanmaster

When I try to connect to either of these ports (yes I went into comms setup and selected each of these ports) I get the Comm open failed dialog box Thanks in advance.

I have seen issues with the Dell's internal bluetooth. so let me do a little digging, On my Dell Win7 machine I use a generic bluetooth adapter.

I will let you know what I find. Drop me an email.

Bob

Hi Bob, I sent an email with these same details but I thought it may be a good idea to post here in case somebody else noticed this as well. I just got the motor back in my car and with this break in the weather, I had it out, I wasn't beating on it but I noticed the O2 corr. wasn't changing at all, it was stuck at 0.0, I thought it strange but drove another 50miles , I dug through some old data logs from last year and saw the 02 corr working, so I started checking everything in the calibration and finally as a last resort, unplugged the Scanmaster G , plug back into XFI with my laptop and ran a datalog, o2 corr is now working again.

Has anybody else noticed this happening?

I have tried both XFI data ports(used to have a reg scanmaster for xfi)?

Bob replied to my emails on a Sunday afternoon, apparently I had a scanmaster G xfi with sw 1.0(hold left button while key on to check). He sent me the updated 1.08 sw and I was able to flash that onto my gauge. Looks like everything is working properly now.

I was checking the bluetooth stuff, I'm not sure on the windows 10 stuff, it may be a Dell issue. My Dell is pretty cranky when it comes to bluetooth, I run a generic USB bluetooth gizmo and have the internal bluetooth turned off.

But if CCom is connected to a bluetooth port, and you don't disconnect before closing CCom, Windows does not release the port. I had to
power down the gauge and restart everything before the bluetooth port would connect again.

Bob, just installed mine yesterday. Was very easy and seems to be working great. I need help with connecting my computer through Bluetooth. I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 9343. The Bluetooth settings dialog box displays the following:

COM6 Outgoing Scanmaster 'Dev B'
COM7 Incoming Scanmaster

When I try to connect to either of these ports (yes I went into comms setup and selected each of these ports) I get the Comm open failed dialog box Thanks in advance.
Bob, finally got a chance to do a little sleuthing. I thought I would post the results for others that may have the same type of problem. When I opened the device manager and looked under the Bluetooth line I had 4 items. 1. DW1560 Bluetooth 4.0 LE 2. Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator 3. Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator 4. Scanmaster. When I disabled the Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator I was able to get my computer to connect to the XFI through COM 6. Problem solved.

Bob, finally got a chance to do a little sleuthing. I thought I would post the results for others that may have the same type of problem. When I opened the device manager and looked under the Bluetooth line I had 4 items. 1. DW1560 Bluetooth 4.0 LE 2. Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator 3. Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator 4. Scanmaster. When I disabled the Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator I was able to get my computer to connect to the XFI through COM 6. Problem solved.

For some reason that didn't work too great. The data throughput during logging seemed limited (the time between data points was pretty high when I reviewed the log I collected...). I went ahead and disabled the bluetooth in the computer and added a USB bluetooth. The logs now seem much better. The data throughput seems normal, but I'll have to verify. My question is regarding the dashboard and gauge views. They don't seem to update at a speed similar to connecting with a cable. The update to the fields in the dashboard is very slow. Is this normal? My main purpose for the bluetooth connection is for a logging throughput to the computer, so that is the most important feature. Anyone else see anything like this?