scanmaster and ign slot

nolaturbo

I'm trying to install my scanmaster. They say to use one of the 3 ign locations in the fuse panal but what type of plug/spade goes there so i can have 12 volt? I've searched the site and all of the install links are now down. Don't know if its from the age of the post or what. Can anyone help me out?

Try this. Red spade to the ignition on fusebox.

Attachments

• 20170904_135104.jpg
    20170904_135104.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 331
  • 20170904_184812.jpg
    20170904_184812.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 353
whatever gauge wire you're using is the gauge spade you need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just print out the picture I sent you and go to Autozone or a parts store near you. Easy. Those spades are like a penny a piece.

If your new to automotive electrical work, don't just go and buy one of those little 3-piece packet of spade connectors. I know it's just one connection for now. However........................Instead, buy one of those 1000 piece assorted crimp connector cases, a nice quality crimper (not the cheezy flat amateur shits), a good wire stripper, a packet of assorted shrink wrap, a roll of electrical solder, and small butane gun torch/solderer. Find a nice box or draw to keep all your new stuff in and easy to access. Because this definitely won't be your last wiring task on this thing!!!!

Becoming electrical competent is absolute must with these damned cars. And trust me....you will curse, hate and damn yourself in the years to come when you look back at the hack work you have done in the past.

I

I always found it better to use the radio power and ground for the scan master . I hate having a million wires over my legs and coming out of the fusebox.