scan tool numbers

That hot at idle is pretty warm. The ATS reading was in the 60's.

Since it's a stock chip, pump, etc... I kinda want to assume it's a 26yo clogged up original radiator.

Could be..... Mine will wander up that high sometimes before my Tstat opens. It usually will settle back in the mid 160's until motor gets real heat soaked.

He might still have the stock Tstat. Not even sure what temp it is... 180?

195?

changing the tstat to a 160 will the fan kick on? was the chip numbers stock I put numbers on the tread a few text back . One more kinda dumb question can I put a chip in the car that will make it loop like a performance cam? just wondering.. I would like to get a chip that will make run good any ideal what I would need .thx

If you put in a chip that makes the engine lope, it will be nowhere near the correct chip. The fan turn on temp will be the same with a 160 thermostat. The base temp will just be lower assuming your radiator is up to the task and not all clogged up.

You really need to get a new chip and injectors from Bob or Eric before you need a new chip, injectors, and head gaskets. There is absoultly no reason to try and tune around a set of injectors that are over 1/4 century old.

I turned the fuel psi down to 43 with vac off no change does have lower rpms now almost 600 until ran awhile. I watched the tps and it does go up when give gas seems alittle slow for number to react , and there is still a stall.

do you think the chip and injectors is causeing stall then ? what would be good set up for everyday driver? do you think the stock maf will be ok? I order a new one from advance and was told from other treads it would be junk so I sent back . One more thing how can I tell what injectors r in my car they might not be stock it had adjustable fuel reg ?

i run 42.5 lb " which are called 009's ". Very streetable & have good potential should u decide to haul ass in the future

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I agree with Earl.... A good chip from Eric Marshall or Bob Bailey will do wonders. Again, as Earl said, consider buying a new set of injectors (60's) and a matching chip would probably help matters tremendously.

I assume u are using a Scanmaster for your scan tool?

I guess I should ask what is your goal for the car? ET or Hp?

I'd recommend the 60's as an upgrade from stock down into the 10's and anywhere in between.

I agree with Earl.... A good chip from Eric Marshall or Bob Bailey will do wonders. Again, as Earl said, consider buying a new set of injectors (60's) and a matching chip would probably help matters tremendously.

I assume u are using a Scanmaster for your scan tool?

I guess I should ask what is your goal for the car? ET or Hp?

I'd recommend the 60's as an upgrade from stock down into the 10's and anywhere in between.
just a street car everyday driver . I want it to sound mean the cars have a mean repataion already. why 60s do I have to run 60 psi I would want better mpg than horse.

just a street car everyday driver . I want it to sound mean the cars have a mean repataion already. why 60s do I have to run 60 psi I would want better mpg than horse.

60 doesn't mean PSI, it's how many pounds of fuel they'll flow at full honk. They run fine on the street and since injectors and chips are pretty much the same price, there's no reason to go smaller.

You really need to establish a goal for ET.... It is much easier to recommend an orchestra of parts that work well together to have the potential to get you where you want to be.

IMHO, you can go mid 11's fairly easy and not spend $5k doing it. The motors will live for a good while with proper tuning and you will have a pile of fun.

Once you go 10's, the $$ starts up a pretty steep slope.

How much do you want to spend and how fast do you want to go?

You really need to establish a goal for ET.... It is much easier to recommend an orchestra of parts that work well together to have the potential to get you where you want to be.

IMHO, you can go mid 11's fairly easy and not spend $5k doing it. The motors will live for a good while with proper tuning and you will have a pile of fun.

Once you go 10's, the $$ starts up a pretty steep slope.

How much do you want to spend and how fast do you want to go?
just want it to run good and sound mean more dependable than anything.

You sound more like a 12 sec guy to me....

I'd do the chip, injectors, and get the car running right with what you have.... I'd look into a translator and a LS1 MAF meter or even consider a speed density chip and do away with the mass air all together. The stock MAF is sort of small... And they are prone to fail with no real good options for replacement. The aftermarket stock replacement MAF are crap for the most part.

You should be able to get it to the 13's on pump gas with mostly stock stuff.... Slip in some race gas and cut up the boost and you'll be easily in the 12's.

If race gas isn't your thing, consider alky.... Razor makes an awesome kit.

Sounding mean is not that easy IMHO. These cars as a rule don't make much noise and definitely don't shake the ground.

10 sec cars sound similar to 12 sec cars....which can be an advantage.

I'd do the chip, injectors, and get the car running right with what you have.... I'd look into a translator and a LS1 MAF meter or even consider a speed density chip and do away with the mass air all together. The stock MAF is sort of small... And they are prone to fail with no real good options for replacement. The aftermarket stock replacement MAF are crap for the most part.

You should be able to get it to the 13's on pump gas with mostly stock stuff.... Slip in some race gas and cut up the boost and you'll be easily in the 12's.

Sounding mean is not that easy IMHO. These cars as a rule don't make much noise and definitely don't shake the ground.

ok Ill do that thx

Yep. Take care of ALL the preventative maintenance and get a single shot 3" exhaust with a dump.

I disagree a 12 second car doesn't sound like a 10 second car far from it,not trying to disrepect