Scan master G - trouble shooting issue

cronanzone

Installed today. All the wiring is correct. Connections are good. I have a power longer, comms wired to port 7 SCM, Power is good at 12 V, ground secure to frame bolt.

When I turn the key to the on position, It boots up says “connected” and shows random readings ( False albeit - such as the speed was jumping around etc)

When I start it up, It again says “connected”, However, all readings are reading zero.

It does not say “no data”, But instead I just get zeros across the board....

Any ideas where I should start running down the rabbit hole?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did you read the instructions for scanmaster ..you need to select scanmaser G in PL

"PowerLogger: (ensure the PowerLogger is up to date, (at least version 5.0). The Scanmaster option for "Scanmaster G" must be turned on using the USB connection from PLC (at least version 2.6.0) before the datastream will work correctly. "

It has to be at least pl version 5.0, i had the same problem with my G, I just reflashed the pl and it was all good.

did you read the instructions for scanmaster ..you need to select scanmaser G in PL

"PowerLogger: (ensure the PowerLogger is up to date, (at least version 5.0). The Scanmaster option for "Scanmaster G" must be turned on using the USB connection from PLC (at least version 2.6.0) before the datastream will work correctly. "

Yes, scaaster G iswttings are enabled in PL

also, if its one of the black PowerLoggers, there is a small capacitor that needs to be removed.

Gotcha, gunna re flash tonight

Thx!

So oddly enough, I really don’t know what or how I fixed this, I re flashed it and that did not help.
I just went back through everything and wiggled / sured up connections / changed a spade connector and apparently there must’ve been some kind of contact issue because after I did that everything started working.

Gauge works great now !

Thx all