SCAMMERS

T-type Jones

Sent a post couple years ago looking for a Intercooler Fan, anyways some guy text me said he had one, didn't need it , but was looking for a Cold Case Radiator & Fan Kit. He said he had one for sale for $435 Shipped, and he will only take Friends & Family. We texed back and forth a couple days and I told him, I don't do Friends & Family, I'll pay the Paypal fees, he refused. When I ask him his Turbo Buick user name, He commented I was asking too many questions, and to trust him. The thing about Friends & Family, it's like sending cash money that's non tractable, nonrefundable, absolute no protection on purchase, in the mail, the only difference is that I have to pay a fee to do it. So I finally told him that I'll pass. He refused to give me his name, but his Paypal email is VIOLETAGENGO741@YAHOO.COM and the number he was texting me from is 320-349-2168 / I don't know if anyone has done any business with him.

This particular situation aside, a lot of sellers don't like to use F&F as it provides protection for the buyer but not the seller (it turns the tables the other way) and makes it much easier for buyers to buy goods and then claim that they didn't receive what they bought or that whatever they bought wasn't as described. They then have PayPal refund their money and the seller is out the item and the money.

Your situation definitely sounds a little shady and I think you did the right thing backing out.

This particular situation aside, a lot of sellers don't like to use F&F as it provides protection for the buyer but not the seller (it turns the tables the other way) and makes it much easier for buyers to buy goods and then claim that they didn't receive what they bought or that whatever they bought wasn't as described. They then have PayPal refund their money and the seller is out the item and the money.

Your situation definitely sounds a little shady and I think you did the right thing backing out.
For me, I like to pay the extra $2, and have a signature. But like I say...You send me a text, refuse to give me a name , and all I have to go by is a text from craigs list, or just a random text, I don't feel comfortable just sending you Hundreds of dollars cash in the mail. Now i I have a name, then maybe I can get a reference from other happy buyers, this guy refused to give me that...I think he's scamming

I think you have that backwards... as far as protection for the buyer.