*Scammer info*

Trader history for Chicken Vindaloo (0)

Chicken Vindaloo

I got scammed by a guy responding on this site, and am making it my mission to warn others. Beware of scammer using the names:
Osbey Holmes AKA Osbey Shasta AKA Allen Wright operating in or around Spring, TX. This guy responds to
requests for parts and sends pictures he downloads from ebay or other sites. He requests payment through Venmo or Zelle.
If you ever see a post from this guy, notify law enforcement! He's a scumbag.

Chicken Vindaloo

Thanks grass doctor. You're correct. I was waaaaay too trusting and naïve. I will only buy as you described from now on. My last (probably not) comment about the scammer is that I was directed to him my a new member on this forum who goes by Jackson77. I don't know if this was the scammer himself or just someone honestly trying to be helpful, but just throwing it out there...

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
Thanks grass doctor. You're correct. I was waaaaay too trusting and naïve. I will only buy as you described from now on. My last (probably not) comment about the scammer is that I was directed to him my a new member on this forum who goes by Jackson77. I don't know if this was the scammer himself or just someone honestly trying to be helpful, but just throwing it out there...
probably just someone trying to be helpful...but you never know...this place is usually pretty safe as we all know or at least the more active guys know what is going on...

Grumpy

Thread killer
My last (probably not) comment about the scammer is that I was directed to him my a new member on this forum who goes by Jackson77. I don't know if this was the scammer himself or just someone honestly trying to be helpful, but just throwing it out there...

I don't see a "Jackson77" here ? :unsure:

Ronbo14

I was almost scammed by the same person & was PM’d by Jackson77 to someone by the name of “Holmes”. Found out his full name was Osbey Holmes. His email address was gearautos9@aol.com. He gave me his zip code as 38901, which I checked was in Tennessee. So different from above. Luckily I checked online for anyone else selling what I needed because his part was so crappy looking & I found the exact same thing he was offering me with exact same pictures on eBay, only problem was seller was in a different state. I decided to offer him half when I got the tracking number & half when I got the item because he wanted to pay with Venmo or Zelle. He said ok at first but then backed out & said wanted half upfront. I said no. I then asked if he was selling anywhere else online but he never responded. Beware people!

Rafs-T-Type

Not so Senior Member
Scammers freaking suck. Thanks for letting others know. Thankfully I never got scammed by the many wonderful people that do exist here.

Ronbo14

They do. Luckily, someone on the board contacted me & had the part I was looking for. Part was in much better shape & he lived in my city. Was able to pick up & met a real nice guy. Thanks to Nelson Ramos.

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
This is a fairly new scam deal.
Jackson 77 has 7 posts. ALL 7 wanting to buy parts.
Post #8 explains exactly how it works.

Pronto

You can't knock them up with spit.
Until there is restrictions on the Marketplace this shit is going to happen. New members should have to post at least a minimum of 25 posts before being allowed into the Marketplace. A membership fee that allows access to the Marketplace would also cut down on scammers. Maybe requiring the person's name and address in the post would work too. Everyone could see them and research the name and address to see at least who and where they might be dealing with. First rule of thumb is not to deal with new members with only posts in the Marketplace.

Ronbo14

Until there is restrictions on the Marketplace this shit is going to happen. New members should have to post at least a minimum of 25 posts before being allowed into the Marketplace. A membership fee that allows access to the Marketplace would also cut down on scammers. Maybe requiring the person's name and address in the post would work too. Everyone could see them and research the name and address to see at least who and where they might be dealing with. First rule of thumb is not to deal with new members with only posts in the Marketplace.

That is a good idea, but Jackson77 reached out to me in regards to a post about a part I wanted to buy & said he knew someone who was selling it. He didn’t actually post anything for sale on this site. It seemed a little shady from the beginning for me.

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
That is a good idea, but Jackson77 reached out to me in regards to a post about a part I wanted to buy & said he knew someone who was selling it. He didn’t actually post anything for sale on this site. It seemed a little shady from the beginning for me.
Read my post.
That's exactly how the scam works.
Why do you think all 7 of his posts were in the parts section?

GBGN1

stroked
I think Ive been contacted by another scammer on here contacting me tonight about me looking for a 80lb tt 5.7 chip. Hes on my Pm's.