Scammed By Castle Performance

Vegas Turbo T

Made an on-line purchase with my credit card from Castle Performance in Elk Grove Village, IL for my '87 Turbo Regal for $174.84. Still have not received the part. I called the 800 number on their website and talked to a guy just as he was leaving for the GS Nationals. He asked me to text the information to him and assured me his "parts guys" would get right on it. Well, nothing happened. So I e-mailed and called again but now when I call it goes to voice mail and the voice mail box is full and can't accept new messages. Several e-mail have also gone unanswered. If anyone else has had a similar experience I'd love to hear from you.

I was hoping to warn others that may want to do business with Castle Performance by way of example. Please accept my apology for being a "new guy"

I sent my car to Paul at Castle performance last year. car was there for 9 months. I spent 25K and car came back and it was a nightmare. Communication was always broken and Paul went missing sometimes. car had transmission issues and also was running poorly. so I sent the car back to them from Toronto to Chicago. I had them re and re my short block. new heads, injectors, exhaust, cam , transmission and etc. car came back again and was a nightmare still. oil leaks all over. stumbling at 1400-1800 RPM and found out injectors were not changed. the chip in the car was from 2007. I was charged for items that were not changed. I was told new heads but all of the sudden they were ported heads. after arguing with Paul for days and calling Chicago Police and having the police show up to their location , Paul senior decided to call me. I have read in the reviews that his son had told people that he had passed away! he is alive and was friendly at first then became a different person. I had to order new injectors, Chip and spend days correcting oil leaks, missing bolts and loose bolts. all my old parts and OEM parts are missing. I had to take my car to a transmission shop locally and have the leaks and issues fixed and was stuck with the bill!! i have been robbed and defrauded by these guys. they ran my card as they wished and I would not suggest anyone the nightmare I went through. they have closed there other google listing and this is the new one. i am in the automotive industry and got fooled by these guys!!! BE AWARE and don't get defrauded.

I managed to get them to admit that they did not change some of the parts. at least the visible parts and was told the employees were fired. at this point I dont trust my car to be on the road. I do have a blow by on the driver said with brand new rebuilt engine. the lifters are noisy and car is still gutless.

pictures are when the car came back to me. when the car left had no leaks, no dents and no damage.

Attachments

• 94F3E5E8-CB8F-4448-AD4F-B186C537EB3B.jpeg
    94F3E5E8-CB8F-4448-AD4F-B186C537EB3B.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_20220628_215448.jpg
    IMG_20220628_215448.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_20220628_215623.jpg
    IMG_20220628_215623.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20220628_215625.jpg
    IMG_20220628_215625.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_20220628_220030.jpg
    IMG_20220628_220030.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 261
  • 9DA5D065-5D3D-4BD1-A856-713D0F5A46CC.jpeg
    9DA5D065-5D3D-4BD1-A856-713D0F5A46CC.jpeg
    34.3 KB · Views: 263
  • A703CB85-F6A6-49F9-9437-DFA5DE417480.jpeg
    A703CB85-F6A6-49F9-9437-DFA5DE417480.jpeg
    33.7 KB · Views: 245
  • E5F5B37D-3F35-4C37-9235-B9E1A1052D63.jpeg
    E5F5B37D-3F35-4C37-9235-B9E1A1052D63.jpeg
    34.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 8B292089-0B85-4923-AE88-172EC0896AB2.jpeg
    8B292089-0B85-4923-AE88-172EC0896AB2.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 2901E8E0-EEAF-4A10-8C62-6D908D2219D3.jpeg
    2901E8E0-EEAF-4A10-8C62-6D908D2219D3.jpeg
    913.8 KB · Views: 258
I thought these "guys" were already known to be less than honest. I guess not all got the memo.
TonyBet , it seems you are in the gta up there. Get a hold of gusszgs on this board and see if he will take a look at it. I think he does side work still but with the vid who knows. He is up north of town a but but well worth the trip.

That bunch has had a shitty rep since forever.....
I guess the kid learned the "ropes" from his old man.....
Sorry for your loss.
If folks would just ask, before getting involved with assholes like them, life would be much more pleasant.
He's not alone. Add in BG Customs, and several others, and it become a "watch your wallet" situation.

First off sorry for you bad experience with them, but going to them after checking up on them, you deserve to be ripped off.

The Buick community is not that big anymore so the stories are not hard to find.

That 25K you spent would have gone much farther with anyone else.

That bunch has had a shitty rep since forever.....
I guess the kid learned the "ropes" from his old man.....
Sorry for your loss.
If folks would just ask, before getting involved with assholes like them, life would be much more pleasant.
Some day, they are going to steal from the wrong guy who will TCOB. Until than, the stealing will continue.

You had to call the Chicago PD on them? Those poor lads are busy enough these days.

Sorry for your luck, but Castle Performance has been muther-fucked by many-a-customer after the fact, for many years now. I don't know how they stay in business. I met Paul Jr. in BG some years back. The immediate vibe was that I wouldn't EVER trust him with my car, that's for sure.

It's a long way away, but send your junk to Lou Czarnota in Lake Forest, CA.

It will be done right when you get it back.

Damn that's ironic, just received Kirban news letter via email today about Castle's Open House this Fri & Sat. Sounds like there expecting a big turn out. Free food & Gifts etc.

Damn that's ironic, just received Kirban news letter via email today about Castle's Open House this Fri & Sat. Sounds like there expecting a big turn out. Free food & Gifts etc.

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!!!!!!

Look at the shiny parts over here, folks!

th

After my Review on google they shut down the listing and now it said "permanently closed" !! now they have a new listing which Paul Senior gave it a 5 star rating

I went in blind with these guys , gave them a perfect car and they gave me back junk! I dont know how they do business. more people I talk to more stories I hear

They sell good parts, like many here on the board, where their reputations actually mean something to them.

It's the execution of installation and service after the sale that their customers have always had issues with.

GN1 performance in CA has the same reputation..... Sell you all kinds of neat parts, then slap them on with no integrity, and send you down the road with empty pockets and a car that runs like crap. Won't back up their work, either.

Buyer beware.

Call Lou!

He can sort the WORST work out and make your car run like a dream.

Many, MANY here will agree.

Tell him Guy recommended you.

He can be really grumpy, and he's picky about what he works on these days, 'cuz he's old and beat up.

But your story is one of those he loves to be the hero in.

Can't hurt to call him.

All I’m sayin… Steve V’s automotive…. Awesome guy. Waiting till I have funds then I’ll be sending him my car for a once over and engine build. There’s so many well known names in the TR community. Stick with them, guys on here know who and who to not go to.

Last edited:
Don't know how true it is but I heard from a few numbers that since kirban's getting too old and tired, that he was going to team up with Castle? Dennis has been great for us and I'd hate to see him end with a horrible move like that. That would have really ruined Dennis's legacy. Let's hope it's just the rumor. Some of us have sent email's to Dennis to beg him not to join with Castle. Send Dennis an email and ask him not to ruin his legacy.

Last edited:
Don't know how true it is but I heard from a few numbers that since kirban's getting too old and tired, that he was going to team up with Castle? Dennis has been great for us and I'd hate to see him end with a horrible move like that. That would have really ruined Dennis's legacy. Let's hope it's just the rumor. Some of us have sent email's to Dennis to beg him not to join with Castle. Send Dennis an email and ask him not to ruin his legacy.
Post this up on Facebook. So more see it. Or I can