Scam watch out 87 Regal on craiglist

prevdog

Hey guys watch out for this one I found it over the weekend and had two email with someone about buying the car... I got a vin number and placed it in the google and found the GN for sale for 17,500.... I knew it was too good to be true. Lucky for me I did some looking around on ebay when the email didnt want me to meet in person but here it is... from the emails to the listing just done want this *(& hole to get away with any of are hard earn Money.. The list is at the top and the emails read from bottom to top

Ebay has it on the main site of the buyer protection that it is a scam if they do it through craiglists

Buick Regal Coupe 87 - $3501 (Buffalo)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2009-10-30, 1:51PM EDT
Reply to: sale-reugm-1444450156@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mileage 74,703
Body Style Coupe
Exterior Color Black
Interior Color Gray
Engine 6 Cylinder Gasoline
Transmission Automatic

This is such a scam its not funny.. Next time you try to scam some one you better make it more of a story then this one... If you think anyone that knows about GN is going to fall for this you better think Twice. I have found the org. post that list this vehicle for 17,500 and will be contacting the owner which has a phone number, flagging the post and listing it on the Turbo Buick site so this doesnt happen to anyone... Dude get a new job cuz you suck at being a criminal !!!!!!!

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Mon, Nov 2, 2009 6:00 pm
Subject: RE: 87 regal

Hello,

To speed up the process, I've applied for the services of well known freight company that will handle everything in a hassle free, beneficial and secure manner for both parts regarding shipping. The car is already at the shipping company in KY crated and ready for shipping. It is there because of the non-paying bidder I've told you in my first email.

In order to secure the deal (regarding payment), I've applied to use the eBay's Motors Protection Program services as I have a purchase protection account for $20,000. They will act as a third party between us and they will hold the funds until you receive, inspect and accept the car. Delivery will not take more than 7 working days depending on your exact location.

Here is a step-by-step description on how their service is working :

1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address

2. As soon as I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to eBay.
3. eBay will process your info, they will send us both invoices. All the details regarding shipping, payment, refund and terms will be on the Invoice.
4. Once eBay will have the funds in posession, they will inform me to begin shipping. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to run a full check on the car. During this period your payment will be secured with eBay . The funds will be transferred into my account ONLY when you instruct them to, after delivery and, of course, after your acceptance.
5. Should you dislike the vehicle for any reason, eBay will refund you in FULL. The return of the vehicle will be on my expense.

If you wish to close the deal, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed. I'm looking forward to hear from you.

VIN# : 1G4GJ1172HP457498

Thank you,
Christine

To: christine.linnett@msn.com
Subject: Re: 87 regal
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 02:39:00 -0500

Well I like the car and have cash.. What is the vin number on the vehicle? I am have no problem with the price. An i would be willing to drive to KY to pick up. Does it have a clean title?

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Mon, Nov 2, 2009 1:38 am
Subject: RE: 87 regal

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest. I hope I will not bother with this story. Because of my handicap (I am deaf-mute) internet is the only place where I can try to sell the car. I hope I will be able to answer all the questions you might have by email as any other type of communication will be impossible.

Unfortunately my son passed away in Kandahar last year. The Buick was his car. Now as I have no family left, the car will be my gift, my gift in the memory of my son...Money is not a problem! All I want is to find the right person who will love and take care of this car. The price I am after is $3,500 US. You may wonder why I ask this small amount for this car. Well...the truth is that I decided to do this only as form of protest. This is exactly what I have received as compensation after my son died serving his country. Nothing more, nothing less!!!

Please note that 1987 Buick Regal Coupe (Turbo) has only 75,000 actual miles. It is very clean, garaged all the time, some minor power and fuel economy mods. Many extras, have all original parts.

The car is in KY and in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. This is already arranged as I have had it listed elsewhere, had it prepared for shipping but the highest bidder wasn't able to get the funds together to pay it. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Pictures by buickregal87coupe - Photobucket

Regards,
Christine

Scams are easy to spot

I saw a similar one in Albany area. I asked them for the phone number and the excuse there was that they were deaf mutes therefore they could not talk on a phone. ( they never got they're speaking device. It would be sad if they got to rip-off one person. These people belong in jail because they prey on the poor who may jump at such a bargain. Thanks for posting this notice

LMAO im in buffalo, and saw the ad. I got almost identical reply! ill copy paste mine/

Hello,

First of all I want to thank you for your interest. I hope I will not bother with this story. Because of my handicap (I am deaf-mute) internet is the only place where I can try to sell the car. I hope I will be able to answer all the questions you might have by email as any other type of communication will be impossible.

Unfortunately my son passed away in Kandahar last year. The Buick was his car. Now as I have no family left, the car will be my gift, my gift in the memory of my son...Money is not a problem! All I want is to find the right person who will love and take care of this car. The price I am after is $3,500 US. You may wonder why I ask this small amount for this car. Well...the truth is that I decided to do this only as form of protest. This is exactly what I have received as compensation after my son died serving his country. Nothing more, nothing less!!!

Please note that 1987 Buick Regal Coupe (Turbo) has only 75,000 actual miles. It is very clean, garaged all the time, some minor power and fuel economy mods. Many extras, have all original parts.

The car is in KY and in case it gets sold I will take care of shipping. This is already arranged as I have had it listed elsewhere, had it prepared for shipping but the highest bidder wasn't able to get the funds together to pay it. Let me know if you are interested, email back.

Regards,
Christine

I like to mess with these people a bit and get them all worked up "sure I'd pay you $7000 cash now and I'll gladly come to your home and pay you cash for the title. I know sign language if that helps. Also my cousin is a Kentucky State Trooper and says he'll drive by and check out the car for me". You'll never hear from them again.

But because they are obviously some foreign scammer (nobody says US dollars next to their price, that is the only currency people in the US accept) and are using the death of a military member in their scam, I would play this out enough to get an address (they need the money) and get the Postal Inspectors involved. They handle scams whenever money is being sent and have an office near you.

Well guys I sent the last one and got an pic of the middle finger after psoting this.. I just wanted to make sure nobody does send any money... I have heard about these scams all the time and this was a first for me. I am so glad I looked into things before I sent anything..