SCAM ALERT!

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Somehow some shitbag got info saying I had a bank acct @ the local, hometown bank.
They are correct.
They then spoof the bank's fone number and have an English-speaking woman's voice
tell me that someone has used my credit card to buy a $500 gift card at Walmart.
And, if I don't respond within 24 hrs, the card will be locked. Press 1 to resolve this "issue".
So, knowing it's a scam, I decide to play along and push "1".
Here comes "Charlie", the dot head with a terrible accent.
Immediately I ask, "where are you located"? Clik, he hangs up.
All kinds of stupid here.:rolleyes:
1. I don't have a local bank card.
2. The bank had been closed for over 2 hrs when they called. Close at noon on Wednesdays.
3. I check the one card I do carry, that's from another bank. No activity @ either location.
Too bad folks can't get hold of bastards like this. I know I'd probably go to jail if I could.

I stayed at a Hyatt once close to my home area and used the wifi to log in to my banking app. I never do this but at $300/night I took the chance. 2 days after I'm alerted of a failed log in. Luckily i jotted down the ip address of the hotel for some things i was doing with my laptop and after the bank's customer service gave me the ip address I drove to the hotel knowing only 1 person in the building can look at the router and see my info. After meeting the manager and showing him the evidence of all of this I met Bryan and promptly had him fired afterwards charges were filed and god bless PA for providing you with the home address of anyone you go to court with. Bastards....lol

This guy does God's work:

I get those every now and then, sometimes I play along, when I get tired of the games, I usually ask for a American supervisor, then they hang up. After that, they can't help you, because they don't have any call centers in this country LOL.

I get those every now and then, sometimes I play along, when I get tired of the games, I usually ask for a American supervisor, then they hang up. After that, they can't help you, because they don't have any call centers in this country LOL.
I've had that same bs pulled on me with ATT&T.....Supposedly a real company. :mad:

I have Robokiller on my phone but once in a great while a scammer gets through. I play along, let them go thru part of their their script, just enough to waste their time, and then just say "Fuck Off" and hang up.

Now, the email scammers, they just keep coming. Bad grammar, misspellings, altered logos and all. :)

I love it when it's Amazon, or the Cable Company calls and tells me my account has been compromised, and it needs to be closed, then I tell them "That can be done with a push of a button...So push the button. NO I don't need to be in front of my computer for you to do that." I've closed accounts, and had lights turned off, and never had to get in front of my computer, log in a Indo speaking voice, and give out my personal passwords to have my lights turned off when my bill is overdue.

is some guy named sadam and or rckjonas scammers? got a direct message from them....let me know..thank you for any info....

I used to receive scam calls all the time, but only on my "land line" home phone. I only had that phone for my home alarm system, so I had a cellular hooked up to the alarm system and cancelled the home phone. The phone bill was approaching $50.00 a month and the cell service on the alarm only added $10.00 a month to the alarm bill, so it was a no brainer. And now burglars can't cut my phone wires before breaking in.