Scam Alert!

Had a suspicious charge for $81.95 on 7-5-10, by Levant Oil in Maine, to my debit account that my credit union flagged... this is a company that I've NEVER done business with & they did not have permission to charge my account!

Credit union hunted down the company's contact info, so I called to see if this was a mistake or what. Was pretty suspicious when the person answering the phone for this "business" answered with an annoyed sounding "WHAT?!" I explained that an unauthorized charge from Levant was attempted on my debit card & he mumbled, "yeah there was something all messed up with that charge..." I again told him it was unauthorized & said if it isn't dropped my credit union will pursue legal action, to which he told me, "big f***'n deal" & he started asking me where I was from, what my name was, etc... At that time I hung up. He called back 8 times that night & texted, "Have the police call me" the next day.

It's not a huge amount of money, but my CU is pursuing fraud charges against this place & turns out the parent company is based out of Lebanon, as in the terrorist habouring country!!! This has been a real hassle to deal with, had to spend a bunch of time both on the phone & at the CU dealing with this and had to get a new debit card issued. Figured it was worth a heads up since this place's front is car products (fuel, oil, etc..) BTW, company's info is listed as:

Levant Oil Incorporated
(207) 884-6981
432 Pine Tree Rd, Levant, ME 04456

Hope no one else has to deal with these thieves!!!

FTC has been notified since this took place across state lines, supposed to hear from them to give a statement sometime this week.