saw an EVO on tunerTV nice numbers on dyno

wiked87gn

Banned
saw and EVO on Tuner Tv, mods where: exaust, extra tank with race fuel in it, bigger exaust trim compressor wheel with stock turbo, race chip, cams, timing gears, with 114 in the race tank at 23psi it made 327hp to the wheels, and 250 with 91 pump gas, now thats impressive, for a car that only weights about 3,000 pounds or maybe less , it would give any TR not running low 12's a hard time on the streets.

Originally posted by azgn
nobody has ever won a race on a dyno!

No but with 327 WHP and AWD you better bet ur a** that it'll give most TR's a run for their money...or course most TR's are not stock, so ya never know :D

I beat a "its supposed to run low 13's" by the dyno mustang.....with my stock park avenue ....pathetic!!
dynos are worthless

nice numbers, nonetheless

yeah back to the price of those things.......way to much for that car, for a 4 cylinder car to give a TR running 12's trouble on the street is impressive, but for that same car to cost 30 grand is not.

Joshua

I'm not advocating the EVo here, but look at what you get. 271 STOCK hp, AWD, Brembo Brakes, Recarro seats, front mount, tried and true 4G63 motor, excellent handling, etc. Yeah it's not cheap but it's a lotte car for the money. Yeah, I'd buy a Cobra first, but still a tasty lil rocket.

Originally posted by OneQuikV6
I'm not advocating the EVo here, but look at what you get. 271 STOCK hp, AWD, Brembo Brakes, Recarro seats, front mount, tried and true 4G63 motor, excellent handling, etc. Yeah it's not cheap but it's a lotte car for the money. Yeah, I'd buy a Cobra first, but still a tasty lil rocket.

True. But its more of a 30k$ and you run mid 13's..
or I buy a 12k$ car,put 1,500 in it,and run 12's.

30k...or 14k? Then again, you get to do so much more with the Evo, but price to performance..not worth it. Once you make it fast enough to take most things on the road, you'd already had sunk about 3-5k in it.

I'd take a cobra anyday over an Evo.

It's personal preference really.

New car to new car Cobra without a 2nd thought. However, if all we're talking about it how fast it is in a straight line then sure, the TR is gonna be a better financial decision, but in terms of total performance it's apples and oranges. I've had 2 TR's now and I love 'em, but before I'd buy a straight, rust free TR and sink a BUNCH of money into it (again) I'd buy the Cobra or EVO and go fast right out of the box. I've never had a TR that didn't end up being a complete money pit before it ran right :)

The guy that put the xtra fuel tank in there and tuned the car is Shiv from Vishnu Tuning. His Evo placed 5th in the One Lap of America overall and it placed first at the dragstrip competition portion with a mid 12 second pass (at 120mph+). Aparantly they had a bad launch on that run with zero boost off the line and on the 2nd run the intercooler hose blew off. They put down over 500hp to the wheels with the car in kill mode. Had about $15K extra into the car beyond purchase price to place 5th in the One Lap against Porsche Turbo/GT3/Viper/Vette etc.

I think the car doesn't look all that but it sure can haul and handle well with some simple mods like most turbocharged cars. They are around 3200lbs though with the AWD and other crap.

-GNX7

There is a few fast evos out there with not a lot of money in them
for $2000 you can run mid 11's on pump gas no alky. Some of you guys sound just like the guys we ran into when the 86/86 Turbo Buicks came out. That car can't.......... (you can finidh it many ways) You gotta give credit to many new cars they are fast, new and have lots of potential.
Mike

there is an evo here in cincinnati that has dyno'd 597 hp! ...yeah he has about 15K in upgrades/machine work, but its INSANE! I thought my neck was gonna break when he took me for a ride. I still like my GN better though:cool:

I spent around 15K to put my 99 GT into the 10s, but it was a 10 second daily driver and could run 10s any time of the year with just a few gallons of race gas added to pump.

It would cost quite a bit to have a rock solid 10 second daily driven GN with a built drivetrain from end to end. It would also still handle like crap so that would be additional $$$ to address that. Just add up the cost of every little thing you would buy, plus shipping, plus labor and you will be amazed what you find. It has cost me over 2K just to get a it running right including scantools for a car with 50K miles.

Yup, take a stock TR that has had good maintenence - and then add up EVERY receipt you have to get it running right first off, then every receipt that you have to maek it run the times. YOur 5K into it before you know it. All the little things add up especially considering all the little things a TR will need, pump, hot-wire kit, etc....we all know the drill. Money pits albeit FUN money pits :D

Originally posted by Mike Licht
There is a few fast evos out there with not a lot of money in them
for $2000 you can run mid 11's on pump gas no alky. Mike

I'd have to see that to beleive it.

I would have thought if it was that cheap to get one to run mid 11's I'd have seen one at the track do it by now. Especially on pump gas no alky.

12.60's best I've seen and he had some basic mods too.

Guess I'll beleive it when I see it.

Mid 11's on pump gas for under $2000.

Originally posted by OneQuikV6
Yup, take a stock TR that has had good maintenence - and then add up EVERY receipt you have to get it running right first off, then every receipt that you have to maek it run the times. YOur 5K into it before you know it. All the little things add up especially considering all the little things a TR will need, pump, hot-wire kit, etc....we all know the drill. Money pits albeit FUN money pits :D

Red went 10'40's @133+ and he had MAYBE 5K in mods.

No that's not tipical at all but shows you it can be done, and not only once or twice.

If your want a TR and want to go fast..... buy someone elses money pit and finish it!

It only took me about 15 years to learn this.:eek:

Don't think I've fully learned yet but I'm working on it.

2 ls1's
2 lt1's
2 mustangs
3 2nd gen Ta's
3 GTO's
ect.............
Mods, mods, mods, money, money, money....
:eek:

Originally posted by Marc87GN
I spent around 15K to put my 99 GT into the 10s, but it was a 10 second daily driver and could run 10s any time of the year with just a few gallons of race gas added to pump.

It would cost quite a bit to have a rock solid 10 second daily driven GN with a built drivetrain from end to end. It would also still handle like crap so that would be additional $$$ to address that. Just add up the cost of every little thing you would buy, plus shipping, plus labor and you will be amazed what you find. It has cost me over 2K just to get a it running right including scantools for a car with 50K miles.

:confused: Why did you get rid of it!?

I remember you from LS1.com and you didn't think much of the Buicks, back then:p

Tr's can Run 10's on pump gas no alky too. ;)

Originally posted by NEARING
:confused: Why did you get rid of it!?

I remember you from LS1.com and you didn't think much of the Buicks, back then:p

Tr's can Run 10's on pump gas no alky too. ;)

TR's didn't scare me when I had a T-76 under the hood ready to rock and DFI Gen VII tuned by Job Spetter Jr.

I have been a fan of TR's since 87. I sold the GT to get a house because my wife was pregnant with our first child. Now I'm working on the TR in the garage.

I missed the turbo whistle the most. The sound is addicting. still doesn't come close to the handling of my GT. Switching lanes at 150+ was easy and the brakes is another story. I miss certain things about the GT, but the TR is cool.