Sand in my motor?

Glad it worked out. I figured you would be covered.

Too bad my insurance wouldn't cover a 3rd main cap that was installed wrong that ate my motor up. LOL

Super glad your motor is going to be taken care of. However what would be really nice is to find the asshole that did this, and bury his ass up to his neck in sand and leave him that way FOREVER!!!!!

Thanks guys. Still waiting for the official word from the appraiser who looked at everything. They wanted part #'s, vendor contact info, etc. The rotating assemlby is there and everything should be going to the machine shop soon. As long as the block checks out otherwise, bore should clean up to 4in with 3.625 eagle stroker crank, billet center mains, molner long rods, custom Diamond pistons, Comp roller in the 220ish range, and heads surfaced and rebuilt. Also will be adding (on my own $) GN1 headers, PT7168hpq, RJC 325 FMIC, 70mm TB/plenum, 2nd alky nozzle, aeromotive stealth pump, and a catch can with fittings on the valve covers to make it harder for the same thing to happen again. I have mixed feelings about this whole deal though. I'm beyond pissed that someone had the balls to f*#@ with my car when I haven't done anything to anyone, but happy that when its done it will be stronger than it was and I can use it to it's full potential.

Last edited:
A buddy of mine was installing freshly rebuilt Cylinder heads and as he held them over the block glass beads were falling out of the beds. Did your machinist bead blast the heads? If so, there is your source.

A buddy of mine was installing freshly rebuilt Cylinder heads and as he held them over the block glass beads were falling out of the beds. Did your machinist bead blast the heads? If so, there is your source.
He posted pics. They aren't glass beads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% sand, not blasting material. Short block and heads were sitting for a year or so before I bought them and they were coated with oil and wraped in trash bags. I spent alot of time cleaning everything before it was assembled an dropped in the car.

Last edited:
Well after almost two months of waiting for the insurance co, the appraiser, and the shop to come to an agreement, I got the call that the check is in the mail. Now that all the rotating parts are here everything can go to the machine shop. Project "Stroke Scarlett" has begun :D.

Update: 6 months after this whole ordeal started, the new build is progressing nicely.
Should be back in the car within the next few days.
1.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg IMG954084.jpg

Thanks guys ;)
How much is a build like that cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha I'd rather not say out loud :eek:. PM sent.

Motor was dropped in today. Got a good bit of clean up and detail work ahead. Also doing some suspension mods at the same time.
IMG_4093.jpg

Got the car back this weekend and it was a great feeling to be driving it again. The tune is mild for the street on 93oct and alky. With 19psi vs 23psi it picked up about 100whp over the budget built 4.1 with loads more room to grow. Car sounds incredible with the big cam and sounds like the world is gonna end when you crack into it and the waste gate dump opens. Hope to get a few weeks of decent weather before I have to put it away for the winter.

DSC03166.JPG DSC03162.JPG

Glad the engine is up and running. I see you upped your game with some M&A heads. With all you added they will really help the flow. Looking forward to hearing what it can do in the future.

Can you imagine the morons face that originally vandalized your ca..Imagine his reaction once he see's you get on the gas on the new build what an idiot! He Tried to slow you down but in reality he just made you faster lol! Good for you Undercover ! Nice outcome. The RJC pulleys look killer. Bet the hater wasn't expecting a new stroker motor with all the bells and whistles.. LOL
:D

Glad the engine is up and running. I see you upped your game with some M&A heads. With all you added they will really help the flow. Looking forward to hearing what it can do in the future.
The heads are probably where a good bit of the increase came from, especially with 4psi less boost. Besides an extra 20ci, FMIC vs SLIC, 7168 vs 6262, dual alky, bigger cam, and new headers were the other changes. Probably won't get to the track till spring but I'm hoping for mid-high 10's on the current tune.
Can you imagine the morons face that originally vandalized your ca..Imagine his reaction once he see's you get on the gas on the new build what an idiot! He Tried to slow you down but in reality he just made you faster lol! Good for you Undercover ! Nice outcome. The RJC pulleys look killer. Bet the hater wasn't expecting a new stroker motor with all the bells and whistles.. LOL
:D
Oh I'd love to meet them :mad:. They are going to need an F'ing bag of tools or a grinder to get in this motor now with the new catch can system. They were probably hoping I would have to sell it, but I wasn't going to let this person get that satisfaction. After getting some encouragement from Billy Anderson we decided to go big and stroke her ;). I've only put 100 miles on it but it is running awesome. On the was home my buddy was following me. I got on it and it spun the DR's hard @70mph, then hooked up and I was at 120 before I knew it :eek:.
Damn nice! any pic of the whole car
Took this pick at a local car meet I stopped in at on the way home Saturday. I will take some good ones with my DSLR soon. Car now has Eibach 1in drop springs and an HR rear sway bar. With the heads and other changes the front is almost 100lbs lighter so I may have to cut a coil off the front to level out the stance.
Home Depot 10-25-14 2.jpg
These were taken right before the sandman finished off the motor in April.
DSC02996.JPG DSC02999.JPG DSC02995.JPG

Last edited: