S2 Short block

turbobuick

Staff member
This motor is BRAND NEW never run and was built to runs 7's and take 1800hp.
Block 153 on center with 4.025 bore 6-bolt mains in center and 4 bolt front and rear. Block is in excellent condition and has a half fill in it that I have run on the street with no issues what so ever. Has one sleeve from a burnt piston and has never been cracked or repaired. Deck height is 9.511.
-Rods BRAND NEW 6.300 Crower billets and the best rod they offer.
-Crank BRAND NEW Crower 3.625 billet
-Pistons BRAND NEW Diamond with 28cc dish and 1.340 compression ht. Have metric ring stack using Hell Fire rings or the equivalent. Piston skirts are teflon coated and tops are ceramic coated. Valve reliefs are for S2 heads but will clear at least .700 lift cam using production style heads so they will work eitherway.
-Complete assmebly is balanced with rod, main and cam bearings all installed.
-BHJ balancer and JW flexplate are included and are BRAND NEW

With a 44cc head and a .040 gasket you will have 9.002:1 compression. I am changing directions and probably going to build an aluminum TA block to save weight for a local class. I would consider an on-center alum TA block or short block trade. $6800
IMG00522.jpg

IMG00521.jpg

IMG00042.jpg

This motor is BRAND NEW never run and was built to runs 7's and take 1800hp.
Block 153 on center with 4.025 bore 6-bolt mains in center and 4 bolt front and rear. Block is in excellent condition and has a half fill in it that I have run on the street with no issues what so ever. Has one sleeve from a burnt piston and has never been cracked or repaired. Deck height is 9.511.
-Rods BRAND NEW 6.300 Crower billets and the best rod they offer.
-Crank BRAND NEW Crower 3.625 billet
-Pistons BRAND NEW Diamond with 28cc dish and 1.340 compression ht. Have metric ring stack using Hell Fire rings or the equivalent. Piston skirts are teflon coated and tops are ceramic coated. Valve reliefs are for S2 heads but will clear at least .700 lift cam using production style heads so they will work eitherway.
-Complete assmebly is balanced with rod, main and cam bearings all installed.
-BHJ balancer and JW flexplate are included and are BRAND NEW

With a 44cc head and a .040 gasket you will have 9.002:1 compression. I am changing directions and probably going to build an aluminum TA block to save weight for a local class. I would consider an on-center alum TA block or short block trade. $6800

It's a brand new motor, but it had a burnt piston, and you ran it on the street. Is this engine brand new or not. I'm just confused.

It's a brand new motor, but it had a burnt piston, and you ran it on the street. Is this engine brand new or not. I'm just confused.

Sorry I didn't connect the dots. The block is the same block I've had in my TSO car since 2003 with the exception of this year. BMS Stage 2 blocks are no longer available and can not be purchased new. All the machine work and parts are new and have never been run with the exception of the block itself; so yes it is a new motor.

If you are interested and a serious buyer send me a PM I would be happy to discuss it further.

Great deal.

Chris I read somewhere that the AL blocks don't make the power the iron ones do... Imagine how much faster you can go with iron... :wink: :eek:

Great deal.

Chris I read somewhere that the AL blocks don't make the power the iron ones do... Imagine how much faster you can go with iron... :wink: :eek:

Not concerned about making the power:biggrin: Definitely need to save weight if I want to come up to Milan and Norwalk to play in ODR. This motor is going in a new car my "back up" is staying in my current TSO car.