Russell SS Brake Hose

Knux65

Hey guys. Getting ready to install a pair Russell hoses on the front brakes. I'm wondering if it's as straightforward as it looks or if I should be wary of anything? Line wrench on the hose side and another on the hard line?
a2y6esah.jpg
Thanks.

Super simple, as long as your fittings aren't overly tight, rusted, or already rounded off.

Very smart mod in my opinion. Helped my brakes that's for sure. Firmer pedal because the old mushy lines weren't expanding every time I hit the brakes after the swap.

Wrenching off one of the fittings is almost a given on these cars. Lube it down before disassembly

Just installed some today, yes they have a clear coating/tubing over the braiding. Did the front two and the one in the rear. Fronts were very easy and the rear was a PITA. Replaced calipers too.

Get some jack stands under there before commencing work.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Hey guys. Getting ready to install a pair Russell hoses on the front brakes. I'm wondering if it's as straightforward as it looks or if I should be wary of anything? Line wrench on the hose side and another on the hard line?
a2y6esah.jpg
Thanks.
Where did you buy your lines at I am in the process of replacing all my lines and this is the last part I need. I am shopping around and can't many.

Alright, finished this up the other night. The install was easier than anticipated, especially since I was replacing the calipers at the same time. Break loose the hardline, pop off the retaining clip, then continue to separate the hardline from the caliper hose. Then just reverse the process.
Here's the link to Summit for the hose kit:
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/rus-692100
Got them in about 4 days with their free shipping deal.

Amazon had em for 54 bucks shipped the other day just plug the part # in

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

just ordered a set also we will see how it goes.. I ordered a set from i believe gbody parts about 2 years ago.. no idea who made them...never got around to them and finally did last weekend...fittings cracked right in half when i SNUGGED them down. I was red in the face... Now to find new hard lines for the front since I know those fittings are on their way out the door.