running rich and need help ..

Favian Cuevas

well i been running rich since i got this car running everything is stock other than the adj fuel pre reg my readings on powerlogger at normal tEmp at idle are
ecm 13.8:1
maf 12.7 G/C
LV8 44 G/C
TPS 0.42
RPM 750
IAC 34cts
MAP 22.76 kpa
coolant 186.6
intake air 82.6
volts 13.8
o2 0.670
x-counts 247
advance 37.4
injector counts 3.60-3.81
injector duty 2.4%
2 codes 33,34
if anyone can take a look at these an see if you can shine some light on me

Maf grams at 12.7 is not correct, it should be around 6 or 7 at idle. So the computer is compensating higher than normal air flow by adding fuel. One of my cars did this before.

You can try the tap test on the maf while recording to see if number bounce around or see if the car stumbles/stalls.

one code is high maf readings , the other code is low maf readings at idle. This is a high probability that the maf is failing. Please do a tap test of the maf asap.

I was leaning toward the MAF Grams and the injector counts .that injector counts of 360-381 is pretty close to the norm.
But I wouldn't put any stock on that reading, Because at one time I had the same issue of running rich . I don't know
what type of fuel pump you are running ,but I wind up changing all my injectors with new 42lbs and new chip from Eric.
Now when I start my TB up in the garage I can breathe without gagging. Good Luck My Friend.

Maf grams at 12.7 is not correct, it should be around 6 or 7 at idle. So the computer is compensating higher than normal air flow by adding fuel. One of my cars did this before.

You can try the tap test on the maf while recording to see if number bounce around or see if the car stumbles/stalls.
Ama try
I was leaning toward the MAF Grams and the injector counts .that injector counts of 360-381 is pretty close to the norm.
But I wouldn't put any stock on that reading, Because at one time I had the same issue of running rich . I don't know
what type of fuel pump you are running ,but I wind up changing all my injectors with new 42lbs and new chip from Eric.
Now when I start my TB up in the garage I can breathe without gagging. Good Luck My Friend.
Im running a walbro 255 fuel pump but yes thats what im also looking into is getting a new set of injectors an chip along with a new maf hopefully i hit the jack pot with one of those lol ... or just do the tap test into a wall that should do the trick (those were wifes comments )

If those are OEM injectors ,I would go for it , It can't do anything but help ,when I pull my injectors two were clogs severely.
And that was part of my problem with it running rich.