Rules Update

Back on Point.

THS Rules update for 2011..

Kip and Ed have a hell of a decision to make. I do not envy their position. Racers are concerned and worried about what they dont know. Kip and Ed want to grow and maintain the class. I am not sure how they can do that at this point. The mid ten guys are going to complain and want the class to slow down. The 9s guys are gonna say leave it alone. I tried to not make suggestions as this is not "The Wraith" show.... it is the THS Class.....

So I will once again try to put this thread back on target. Weight and air pipe size is not the answer to slow the class down IMO. There are cars already well over weight with 3in pipes that can run the number. Lets also remember that a low 10 sec car won the 17 car race in BG.

So lets try not to get on each other's nerves and let them clear up the rumors/confusion/etc/ ...............

I think it's to late to not get on each others nerves :D but I can agree with most everything in this last post.

And before I shut for the time being I'd just like to say that yesterday when I started posting about this all I wanted to convey was everyone just cool out and be a patient for a minute, the last race of the season just ended...They know that next season comes up quick, I have faith that they will let everyone know what's what in plenty of time for everyone to make any changes they need to make (even if there's no rule changes)

P.S. as a mid 10 sec. guy I don't really want the class slower I just want to be faster, but I will support whatever decisions are made in the best interest of the class.

Huh?? Yeah I don't understand this one, you can get to fixing your broke stuff with no worries Doc, you're not going to wake up the day after your car is fixed to find out that your shortblock is illegal, or something crazy like that I'm sure of it.

On a personal note you kind of just implied that you don't like your car as a THS car, if you're not happy with the way your car is set up made you should look at the rules for the other classes and see which one is more along the lines of what you want your car to be...I don't know your preferences obviously, but there are classes that are more stock and way more racey it's all in what you want your car to be.

And maybe I took you wrong, that's just impression I got by your statement.

U took it wrong. THS current is good as is. My point was that if its all gonna change significantly and I need to get a new trans, signif engine work, fuel system, remove alcohol etc the way I want doesn't dog THS it just means simply what I want. I'm thinking more along lines of if I have to change a lot or new rules are not palatable then I could just set it up for pure street fun and be done with worrying about changes everytime someone hits 9 seconds and of course not spend thousands going to buick events. I like THS I was one of the TWELVE second cars that lost everyrace first pass all year and still was at almost every event and there the whole time. I only beat one person all year and he red lighted. So why is all this if someone runs nines all the ten second cars will leave BS. Hell JD nearly sucked the paint off my car when he freight trained me BPG which did not make me want to quit or give up. I said man I need to practice and get better and do some mods. Its not all about money as limiting factor as the fastest car has a basic setup but probably a hell of a lot of time and tweaking invested.
If I dropped THS and mainly drive around town and local strip Friday nights only id prob throw in a TH400 and put my ported s cover on and if block is damaged I got a deal for a used S2 block etc wouldn't fit a buick class but it would be stronger and I could drive and weekend warrior it a lot more with less breakage. Again not dogging THS but I am already working on the car so I need to know soon. Hopefully this helps u understand what I meant. If it don't I can't help u there man.

U took it wrong. THS current is good as is. My point was that if its all gonna change significantly and I need to get a new trans, signif engine work, fuel system, remove alcohol etc the way I want doesn't dog THS it just means simply what I want. I'm thinking more along lines of if I have to change a lot or new rules are not palatable then I could just set it up for pure street fun and be done with worrying about changes everytime someone hits 9 seconds and of course not spend thousands going to buick events. I like THS I was one of the TWELVE second cars that lost everyrace first pass all year and still was at almost every event and there the whole time. I only beat one person all year and he red lighted. So why is all this if someone runs nines all the ten second cars will leave BS. Hell JD nearly sucked the paint off my car when he freight trained me BPG which did not make me want to quit or give up. I said man I need to practice and get better and do some mods. Its not all about money as limiting factor as the fastest car has a basic setup but probably a hell of a lot of time and tweaking invested.
If I dropped THS and mainly drive around town and local strip Friday nights only id prob throw in a TH400 and put my ported s cover on and if block is damaged I got a deal for a used S2 block etc wouldn't fit a buick class but it would be stronger and I could drive and weekend warrior it a lot more with less breakage. Again not dogging THS but I am already working on the car so I need to know soon. Hopefully this helps u understand what I meant. If it don't I can't help u there man.

I'm with you 100% now...I just really REALLY don't think there's any major changes in store...I mean I think it's obvious that everyone thinks that the rules are very good right now, so can't see any major changes on the horizon.

Back on Point.

THS Rules update for 2011..

Kip and Ed have a hell of a decision to make. I do not envy their position. Racers are concerned and worried about what they dont know. Kip and Ed want to grow and maintain the class. I am not sure how they can do that at this point. The mid ten guys are going to complain and want the class to slow down. The 9s guys are gonna say leave it alone. I tried to not make suggestions as this is not "The Wraith" show.... it is the THS Class.....

So I will once again try to put this thread back on target. Weight and air pipe size is not the answer to slow the class down IMO. There are cars already well over weight with 3in pipes that can run the number. Lets also remember that a low 10 sec car won the 17 car race in BG.

So lets try not to get on each other's nerves and let them clear up the rumors/confusion/etc/ ...............

Nice post and some good points are made. I just finished reading the two threads that are going on about this subject and cannot take the time to reply to ever post seperately. This speculation that is going on is crazy.
We have people getting worked up with each other.
We have a conspiracy theory being mentioned.
We have people saying they will leave the class over any changes.
And the list goes.
I know THS is a hot topic but come on guys chill. Not everything is set in stone for all the other classes and I do not see all the crying.
This class was started by me so racers could have FUN. Everyone please try to remember that.
As for the rules nothing huge will change. When decided upon they will be posted. Those that emailed or called me know I have been using Jan.1 as a sort of timeline to be done by.
A thought to leave on is racers will adapt to race. Always have always will.
Complainers will always complain. If adding you subtracting a power plate will make a guy leave a class he needs to leave. The last sentence was humor to be clear.

Take care all, Kip